Recommended sites to buy MIDI beats???

After reading some threads, I realize that I’m not the only one that’s not that familiar with MIDI files and building songs like this… Then I see all these requests for beats or songs and realize that I’ll end up asking for help to build just about every song on my playlist that’s not already preloaded… LOL I’m sure you guys have other things to do…

So I was going to offer to pay for songs I need then it occurred to me that there’s this thing called the internet and I realized there might already be people or sites that do this… Well I looked it up and BAM! what do you know, there they are… LOL

Can anyone tell me a good site that I could go to and pay a reasonable price for beats for particular songs already in MIDI that will work with my beat buddy…

Thanks in advance for your help…

David

I am not used to buying digital stuff over the internet, but I could suggest http://www.free-midi.org
I loved most of the free MIDI patterns they offer on their site.

I’m also a new user and I’m sorry for taking over this thread for now.
As I understand you can download midifiles and using the free midi editor from this site “throw away” anything but the drum lines.
Then you can select a part from the midifile as a loop (also loop for the fills and export it to the bb via bb manager. Et “voilà” a custom made drumtrack. Is it that simple ?

Yes, this is correct…

I bought “Small Town” by JCM and then broke it down into sections with the MIDI editor and it was lots of fun… Its really difficult for me to hear a drum beat and think “That’s (insert name of song)” but after I stripped away everything, I realized that the beat isn’t very complicated at all…

I bough the BB one week ago and have not received it yet so I’m really enjoying playing with all that stuff at this point… Funny that once you take everything out of it and just get to the beat, you realize that it’s not really that special and I probably could have found it in all the stuff that comes with this package… But it’s a good thing to learn to use the MIDI editor so I can pretty much make whatever I want if I have the time to do it…

The track that I bought was super corny/goofy because of the keyboard horns and stuff… but when I added it to the MIDI editor, it stripped all that stuff away and it was just the beat…

Appreciate the link bro…

My problem is going thru tons of beats to find the one that goes with a song… and as i mentioned in the thread above, I heart the actual song and i have a hard time hearing the beat and saying “that’s it”… I’d almost rather purchase it so I can get exactly what I want instead of spending hours listening to drum beats…

Now the problem I’m running into is getting the loops right where there isn’t an obvious pause or extra beat or something… I’m sure that I’ll get the hang of it… Only been at the MIDI creation thing about 2 days now… LOL

Oh man, that free site is the mother load, Zeppelin weeeeeeeeeeeee…

now to figure out what to do with the MIDI file…

I checked out the mentioned “free-midi.org” site. It’s full of fake links and phishing scams.

gotta paid$$$ FREE??? LOL

Dave, We have a site exclusively for this purpose and the files are designed to work on the Beat Buddy so all you have to do is load the songs. Check out: www.beatbuddysongs.com

We are getting ready to launch a catalogue with over 200 songs in the next two weeks. Our current domain houses only about 40 songs, but take a look and feel free to contact me directly if you’d like: beatbuddysongs@gmail.com I’d be happy to discuss helping create the setlist you need. We also take custom orders.

Derek

Here’s a free sample from our website to anyone who has been interested in buying content made solely for the Beat Buddy. We are adding an audio demo feature to our page soon, as well as all kinds of other options. In the mean time, tell us what you think about our creations so far.

If you’re referring to my comment about fake and dishonest links and phishing popups that try to now let you leave the site free-midi.org, then you’re mistaken on what it truly takes to make money from a website.

Do you know if they will release a bunch more beats to pick from? As opposed to

Do you know if they will release a library of just beats of different sorts to pick from? Instead of having to go through the songs looking for beats?

Will the songs just be drum tracks or will you be able to purchase drum and bass parts ? If I will be able to buy gig ready songs I’m gonna be a huge customer :slight_smile:

…that explains your android logo. :smiley: