Recording from next measure, instead of from the end of the loop

If one of my tracks is really long I’ll have to wait a millennia until I can record the next track.

All other things like muting and whatnot can be configured to start from the next measure though.

Hello there, all you have to do is turn off Sync Start and Length in the song settings before recording to the song. Once recorded, sync cannot be turned off if it was on while recording.

Because you are in quantized mode, you will then still have sync but to the measure instead of to any other loop.

If you are in 2x2, you could also easily use Sync Length, but after recording more than 2 Tracks in 6x6 then there will be sync rules for how long a recording must be before you commit it, and so you may have to wait longer than til the next measure if you trigger a recording on next track while currently recording. If not currently recording, you can start recording at the next measure at any measure, the length will be restricted.

Here are the sync rules from the manual:

Sync Track Features

• Definition: “Base Track”: The current longest loop in the song part when in Quantized mode. In Freeform mode (non-quantized), the base track is the shortest loop in a song part.
  • Sync Length: After 1st track is recorded, all tracks will be forced to be proportional to the length of the base track. In Quantized mode, all tracks will be forced to be any whole number multiple (x2, x3, x4, etc.) or whole number unit fraction (½, ⅓, ¼, ⅕, etc) of the base track. For example, if the base track is 12 measures long, other tracks will be forced to be either 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 12, 24, 36, etc. measures long depending on when the end recording/start playback command is given. In freeform, all tracks will be whole number multiples of the base track (no fractions allowed). A new track recording can be started at the beginning of the next measure in Quantized mode, or immediately in freeform, so this feature only affects when recording stops and playback begins.

Sync Start & Length: In addition to the Sync Length rules above, after 1st track is recorded in a song part, all new recordings will begin at the next start of the longest track loop in the song part

Let me know if you have any other questions, thanks!

Hi Brennan. I have a issue with Sync length mode (6x6, quantized, end of measure) . I keep recording longer and longer tracks then the previous ones, which results in change of the base track to the longest one. The problem occurs when I start recording from middle of the part, and the new base track changes the beginning of the whole part (the part starts from middle)… Will there ever be a chance to set a base track or set priority of tracks in Sync length mode, that can influence the order in which tracks start in relation to each other as they were recorded? I would usually want to keep the order in which I recorded the tracks to easily avoid situation when I record longest track from middle and destroy the whole part by it. Or do I need to keep an eye for length of track that has been recorded from middle of the part to be shorter than previosly recorded longest part, or to keep it bulletproof start recording the tracks that I know that will be longer than the previous ones from beginning of the part, so that the order of what starts when is preserved?

Hey there,

Sorry for the delayed response but we likely will not be doing anything to change the core function

We understand the use case but at this time we do not see enough push from users to invest in the time necessary to build this feature at high priority.

There are ways to plan to avoid the issue from coming up in the first place.