Regretibly, I am selling my BB

Hey folks,

I love the BeatBuddy. Enough said.
But I find that I’m not able to use it to it’s full potential.
Since I’m blind, and since switching songs, changing drum sets, ETC, is pretty much a “count and pray” situation for me, I just don’t feel comfortable relying on it in a live setting.

So, I’ve decided to sell mine.
It is in perfect condition, with the box and power supply, and I own the two button footswitch as well as the midi cable.
I could sell it on Ebay, but I thought I’d come to the completely devoted first.

I’d love to get $275 for the whole setup, but any serious offer will be considered.

please feel free to send me a PM.

If this post is inappropriate for this area, please let me know.

Thanks
Rusty

Hey Rusty,
Sorry to hear this.

I’m curious though, are there any changes to your workflow that make the BeatBuddy a little more accessible? For example, quite a lot of us will use the iPad (with OnSong) to switch the songs on the Beat Buddy. So, in a live environment, I never interact with menus on the BeatBuddy directly. Would this assist you? If not, what would help?

Hi @ruairiau Thanks for responding!
I actually got Onsong a while back to give this a try.
I never really figured out how to set up the connection between my beatbuddy and onsong, and how to tell onsong which beatbuddy “song” to go to when I selected the song I wanted in onsong.
I suspect that this may require the use of the BBM. I haven’t given it a try in a while since it was woefully inaccessible the last time I tried.

I guess I’m just sortof overwhelmed by it. :slight_smile:

I was sortof straightening up around here and came across the BB and wondered what else I could be actually using if i sold it. :slight_smile:

Hi Rusty,
You don’t need to use the BeatBuddy Manger (BBM).

First you need to connect your iPad to the BeatBuddy via MIDI. You can use a MIDI cable or my preferred option, a Yamaha MD-BT01 (see https://au.yamaha.com/en/products/music_production/accessories/md-bt01/index.html).

Next you need to put a MIDI command in your song. It will look something like this…
MIDI: 0.1:3

So that instruction means send out on channel 0 (or all), move to bank 1, select song 3 (apologies if I’ve made a mistake on this, working off my memory as I’m at work).

There’s a little bit of configuration for both OnSong and the BeatBuddy to get this all working and probably best to refer to the help documentation or search around this forum. But when you do get it working, it’s great.

Let me know how you get along and hopefully I or others can help you if you get stuck.