I made a medley with a lots of parts. Sometimes 2 Main-Loops, sometimes 4 or 6 Main-Loops for a song in the medley.
I copied the parts from Standard-Songs. I d like to give the song more structure for knowing which part I am playing in the song, or when to change. Is it possible to rename the Main-Loops only within the song? I don’t want to change the regular names of the loops. For example from: “Beat 17 - str 16ths” to “Song 2 Part 1”?
Here is one method for doing this. There may be others:
- From with your song in BBM, right click (control click on a Mac) a song section that you want to rename. One option presented is “Export Midi File.” select that. You can then rename the file in the Export window that appears.
- Export the renamed file to a location that you can easily find.
- In BBM, click the little “x” at the end of the song part to delete it from your song.
- Click on the now blank song part and navigate to your renamed part. Select it.
- Repeat 1 through 4 for the other parts of the song.
Important: make sure you’re using the latest official release of the BBM. Nothing wrong with Phil’s proposal above and I streamlined it just a touch and it should work for either the Mac or Windows version of the BBM:
"1. From within your song in BBM, right click (control click on a Mac) the song section that you want to rename and "Export to MIDI File.“You can then rename the file in the Export window that appears.
2. Export the renamed file to a location that you can easily find—I export to my Desktop or to a folder on my Desktop (I’m lazy ;- )
3. Click on the song part that you want to replace with your newly renamed part and navigate to the renamed part on your Desktop. Double-click it.
4. Repeat 1 through 3 for the other parts of the song.”
+1 That’s exactly what I do, and for this exact reason.