Request for new genres

I feel like using all caps. The latin and afrocuban styles have been a huge hole in the BB library. SS does what it can to address the needs of its customers, but seriously - this is an entire genre that is missing.

To be even more direct, very few BB users are gigging musicians and many of beats for the fun tunes people request are played for our own amusement rather than to draw some income.

I urge the SS folks to ease up on the pop diddies and focus on this huge hole in its catalogue.

Look out the window, folks. Turn on the TV. We are being reminded - and very loudly - that it is not just a white society out there.I’m just guessing, but I would imagine that 95% of the music represented by BB is white music.

I totally agree with JFairweather.
Gary N.

I think you’d be surprised at how many gigging musicians actually use the existing genres/beats/songs. If they don’t use the default beats, they create and use custom-beats.

Where there is demand, it is usually met. If you feel this strongly about your observation, perhaps you should address it directly to Goran Rista at either info@singularsound.com or library@singularsound.com

I do wonder. I’m guessing around 2% with paying gigs and another 3% for worship. Considering that only about one in 500 people (at best) with guitars amps and stomp boxes ever plays with other musicians, I would say that BB owners represent a far higher percentage. (I’m basing this on my having a background in brick and mortar retail sales.)

I think, blues, funk, jazz, hip-hop, flamenco, and even whole pop-music have very strong black and other then white roots. And the library has a big latin and world sections, not complete, but it’s there. So, you’re unjust at least. And the main power of BB is potential to make own custom beats. No, BB isn’t white, BB is BB. And most of musicians, amateurs and pros, are not white or black, they are musicians, who draw from each other’s culture. Music and the same forums, like that, where people help one another, is the best weapon against hate.

1 Like

Thanks. Where a genre started out a century ago is not where it is now. I’ve checked out the Latin / AC content. There isn’t much. And when it comes to African content is it absolute zero.

The homogenous, one human family of musicians thing is not the issue. The tunes are the issue. And the fact is that there are not many gringos that are out there performing cuban and Brazilian stuff, and far fewer performing African stuff. While SS could not be expected to contain samples of something like a berimbau, one would not expect many non-Latinos to even know what a berimbau is, much less be familiar with the beats.

This is not about amity or racism. It is about music and about BB library content.

Hi Guys,

Please do not bring up racism. I think we already have more than enough of those hatred for our beloved country. For me, I’m retired and try to learn music (Guitar). I heard the BB is good so I purchased one. When I found out, they didn’t have many of the styles that I want, so I kind of frustrated. I hope that BB people will see our needs and support us. As far as the support from the Forum is concerned, I’m so thankful for all the help I received so far and try to learn to use the tools to create the styles I want.

Thank you.

Gary N.

Thank you Gary!
I read your post above, about success with Audacity and MIDI. Grats!
This is your first steps, very important steps.
I appreciate your efforts!
Gabor

Thank you, Gabor, for all the help.

Gary N.