right switch Not detected

But it really depends on how you have programmed the left and right buttons on the foot switch to respond. The pedal has pretty good flexibility to meet most (but not all) users’ needs.

I programmed my footswitches for Pause (L) and Outro fill ® while playing. Those functions are available for all songs. I could see that if I had one of the switches set for Accent but the song had no programmed accent fill, that button wouldn’t actually do anything.

Well, that was it. :wink:

Correct, because there is no accent hit to play.

I got the footswitch a couple of days ago and NO RIGHT PEDAL DETECTED.

Is the switch plugged into the BB Pedal using a TRS to TRS cable, i.e. a STEREO 1/4" cable? If so, make sure the cable is fully inserted into both devices. If not, that is your problem.If you still get no right pedal, try a different stereo cable. If you have no success after that, contact Singular Support.

Thanks for your reply. I updated the firmware and the right pedal started being recognized. For the cable, I am using the one that came with it, so I believe it is the right one.

I spoke too fast. It stopped working again… I am going to just talk to the vender and see if I can return it.

It sounds like you have either a bad TRS cable or a short in either the remote foot switch or pedal. Some users have reported bad cables.

If you have or can borrow a working TRS cable, run the foot switch detector and try that. If this doesn’t work and the vendor is local, take the pedal, cable and foot switch in and test all with a different cable and figure out which one is bad.

If vendor is not local, e-mail Support for help.

All, so the conclusion first, the cable that came with the footswitch was defective.

The beatbuddy support person kindly offered to take a look at my bb and the footswitch and found it out for me. In retrospect, I could have found it out myself if I had had a stereo cable.

For those of you with the same problem, you may want to check the cable.

I really appreciate the bb support I got on this. Thank you!

That was it. I realize I wasn’t using the cable that came with the beat buddy. It is NOT a typical patch cable.