Our sound guy noticed that the drum sounds from the BB were much better quality than those that came with the Roland TD-9 we bought a couple of years ago. After learning how to use midi commands and notes from the folks on the forum, I decided to try using the v-drum to control the BB.
I connected the midi out of the TD-9 to the midi-in of the BB, tweaked a few of the features in the TD-9 and the BB, did some minor remapping of the midi notes, and the whole thing works great. The volume of the midi-driven drums out of the BB is lower compared to the internal beats of the BB but a quick turn of the volume fixed that.
I will follow up this post with the settings I used later today. I’ll post our drummer’s experiences once he gets back and has a chance to try it.