Rushing Water Noise

My new Beatbuddy unit sounds like there is a river running through it. The noise floor is just unbelievably high. It’s not as bad when I just plug the headphones directly into the Beatbuddy as long as I keep the volume down. Connecting it through a mixer and/or a stereo amp the noise is so loud that it’s basically unusable. I can’t believe that this is normal. If this is normal, I’m going to have to return it. Any thoughts on this? Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a fix?

No, this is totally not normal. My BeatBuddy is dead quite (until I set gain on my amp TO THE MAX!)

Are you using the headphones socket to listen to your BeatBuddy? If yes, make sure to keep headphones volume (on the side) as high as possible and control the volume with main volume knob on the front side.

Thanks for the reply. Headphone listening is not much better. If I turn the headphone volume all the way up, it’s as bad as using the outputs to a stereo amp of mixer. I really don’t know what to do at this point…

Steven

You will need to contact support@mybeatbuddy.com if you purchased it through Singular sound or contact the supplier who you purchased the unit from.
Does it just make this noise when it is only playing or even if it is just switched on and idle. Has it done this ever since you received the unit, I assume so but just need to check.

It’s constant. I found a thread here on replacing the data card to resolve a similar issue. I followed the directions and the new card with the new data didn’t resolve the issue I already emailed support@mybeatbuddy.com and I hope to hear from them soon.

Sounds like there is something seriously wrong with you BB, Singular Sound will do all they can to resolve it - just be patient for a reply as it may take some time depending on the amount of email they are getting.

I hope it doesn’t take too long. I just got it today. Kind of disappointing. Their reputation is one of the reasons I bought the Beatbuddy.

Can you make a short video showing the problem while you wait for the support please? There is a slight chance this can be trivially fixed.

I’ve got to hand it to Jay. Contacted me over the last weekend to try to resolve this issue. Monday he put in an order for a replacement Beatbuddy unit for me and the next day I had a tracking number.The replacement unit should be here in the next day or so.

The new Beatbuddy arrived today. It plugged it in and stepped on the switch… and It sounds great! No hiss at any volume, just the sweet sound of thundering drums. Life is good! Thanks Jay. You rock sir!