SD Card blank (fix for "NO SD CARD")

Re: “NO SD CARD” Blinks repeatedly

Hi dreuft fred

I am confused !
This might be because of my poor English understanding.
I thought Daefecator is a volunteer poster of BeatBuddy User Forum.
But is he a programmer who can upload the BeatBuddy firmware to the web server ?
Oops ! Maybe I should ask this question to Daefecator directly!, sorry.

I sent email to contact@mybeatbuddy.com but have not received any response yet !
I am very very very sad, too !!!

All we can do is to wait for a new firmware that works !

Hi to whom it may concern,

I guess I found what makes BeatBuddy go wrong!
“Update Firmware” in the BB Manager seems to be the root cause of the problem, specifically so called firmware version 0.0.2.

The dreuft fred’s post reminded me that I might have used “Update Firmware” function that I completely forgot.
Unplugging the USB cable after updating, BB said “updating firmware” or something for a while and then got screwed up.

I guess THAT firmware on your web site is a fake one, in other word “a blank one” that causes BB not functioning an activator of SD card contents resulting in repeating blinking “NO SD CARD”. Maybe I am completely wrong.

Please provide a real firmware ASAP or give us a recent status of debugging at least !

Thanks in advance.

Just wanted to clarify this. While I am indeed a qualified lead software developer, unfortunately I do not have any access to any part of the source code of BeatBuddy. But as I was chosen to beta test the pedal pretty early on, I indeed have an access to several consecutive firmware versions.

While I must defend the intellectual property of Singular Sound, I fail to see any point in holding a working firmware any further. In order to gain access to the ill published firmware version, one can simply intercept additional files that are stored on the SD card after selecting that faulty ‘Update Firmware’ in manager software and before unplugging the pedal. And I am sure when support processes your request, you’ll get this exact archive!

All in all, I’ll better be fired (though I wasn’t ever hired to begin with) than I allow BB users to suffer any further.
Please find the shipped firmware that should help you revive your BeatBuddy pedal!

I cannot stress this any further, but PLEASE DOWNLOAD THIS FILE ONLY IF YOUR BEATBUDDY IS NOT WORKING AFTER A FIRMWARE UPDATE GONE WRONG. This is exact the same version you should have on your shipped unit. No point in downloading it.

Instructions.

1. Remove everything from SD card.
  2. Via manager software export the project to the root of SD card (or manually unpack the content archive onto it).
  3. Simply unpack the contents of this firmware archive to the root of SD card. It will add several (5-6) files, and about half of them will be “eaten” by BeatBuddy. The rest are to be removed freely after the firmware update is complete.
  4. MAKE SURE YOU WON’T HAVE ANY POWER SURGES!!! Either unplug the pedal, or insert SD card into pedal. The firmware will get updated.

And please do not update the firmware if your unit is working properly! I want the support to have less problems, not more!

Thanks Daefecator!

Thanks a lot ! It worked again !!!
I don’t know how to appreciate you !!
I did exactly what you say and get my BeatBuddy back!

I am 1000000000000% sure David won’t fire you.
You are doing the right thing.
You save a one young company !!!

Good job !
You brave decision makes many users happy and make them a big fan of the BeatBuddy !!!

I will be working on creating my beat on my lovely BeatBuddy again !!!

Thanks again !

Tasuku - A BeatBuddy & Daefecator fan in Japan !

Re: SD Card blank

Holy fu…! :slight_smile:

I am really happy your unit works now :slight_smile:

And I would really love to look into your own creations for BeatBuddy! Have fun, as this is the only thing that matters!!

sorry my English so bad I do it maybe the wrong way
it’s not working for me…

[edit]
ok it works, i erase everything on the card, put the “final content v120” in it but erase “midi lopps content 1.2” and Hash.bcf
also ad the .rar you just give to us and it works
THANXXXXXXX

Glad to see this helped! :slight_smile:

You can use Google Translate (http://translate.google.com/) for reading English text in your own native language! It even accepts web links and translates the whole pages.

You’re a star, man. I’ve just fixed my pedal after a week of waiting for a reply from Support. In case it’s of help to anyone else, I’ll explain the stupidity that got me here. :slight_smile: :?

I received my pedal at the end of September, ripped it from the box with excitement and tested it. It worked great! However, as I’ve been working away for the last month, I didn’t get the chance to get it out and download the BB Manager app until last weekend. Because I hadn’t spotted the post re. how to use the Manager software, I assumed the software wasn’t working with my pedal because I couldn’t edit the drums or songs and most menu options were greyed out. I realise now, I needed to import them to the Manager first.

So what should I do next? :frowning: Well the software companies always tell you to “make sure you are using the latest driver”. I spotted the Firmware update routine on the menu and ran it. Ever since my pedal has been rendered useless “NO SD CARD”. I queried it with support last Sunday and after a few emails I told them that I had concluded that the update routine must have corrupted the pedal’s firmware. I reached this conclusion because I could still “see” the contents of the SD card when it was in the pedal and connected via the USB (ie. I knew it couldn’t be a faulty card or a faulty SD drive in the pedal).

I asked Support if they could send me a utility to re-flash the firmware to the factory setting and haven’t heard back since then. I’ve chased it but still no reply. Anyway, it’s now fixed and working again thanks your post. I owe you a beer!

Chris

Oww, stop it, Chris! You’re making me shy. I’m extremely glad I’ve helped you. :slight_smile: Thank you for the warm words and your time writing the response. I hope your BeatBuddy will serve you well and for a very very long time, delivering you an immense joy every time you choose to use it!!

It would be of an enormous help if you could please forward your feedback to their support. Probably I could even get a promotion from the team :slight_smile:

Returning back to an original topic, I totally understand your line of thinking about updating the software. You really made everything correctly. But it just so happened that software to have a nasty bug with downloading the invalid version of firmware.

I dont know how the Firmware udate works but the BB team need to remove this “file” from its source as more and more people are going to break their BB’s doing this. Why is there a firmware update available anyway? It should just say no new version available.