Sd cards or bb bug

Stock sd has no problem . The problem are the ones that i ve bought

p1 of the 4.1.3 BeatBuddy Manual:

"Important note about SD card compatibility

The SD card must be a standard size (i.e. not the mini SD cards) and needs to be between 4 and 32 GB in capacity. Class 10 is recommended."

To which I would add:

1. Just because you could use a micro SD card does not mean that you should.
  2. Your full-size SD cards should be SDHC and not the high speed and expensive cards for video cameras.
  3. You might be able to get the SD cards to work you bought by formatting them to FAT32.
    https://youtu.be/-0lugA8tvUc?t=169
  4. Otherwise, return them to the vendor for a refund.
  5. And to answer the implied issue in the subject of this thread, it’s not a bug.
1 Like

Hi persist

I really wish I had known this sooner. Could you send me a link on Amazon to the correct SD that I should buy??

Is this a good one ??

Cartão De Memoria Sandisk 16gb Ultra Sdsdunc

Or

The second one should work with an external USB SD card reader.

Let us know.

1 Like

I had already bought the first one, I’m going to cancel it and buy the second one.

Just went through a few SD Cards that I use presently or have used. Also tried a couple MicroSD cards in adapters, but the smallest capacity I had was 64GB and wouldn’t work due to the formatting choice only being exFAT or NTFS (they do work and perform well in both my digital cameras and camcorders).
My current card that pretty much lives in the BB is an inX brand 1GB card. I got 20 of these on a closeout sale site for about $10(US). I guess this would be called a ‘standard’ card and it’s read/write speed is painfully slow, but for the BB works fine. I have tried fast Sandisk SD cards in the BB and song load times do ‘seem’ slightly quicker. The BB seems pretty forgiving for SD cards it can use as long as the format is FAT32. Not sure about cards above 32 GB as I don’t have any other than the microSD versions.

Either of the Sandisk cards shown in the above post would likely work OK. Sandisk cards are popular for counterfeiters, so purchase cards from well known retailers to ensure you get the real deal and not a fake.
While this link is for micro SD’s, there are fakes for the full sized SD card as well.

For me, this subject about types of formatting is a little confusing. I don’t understand anything about this

This is mine

Don’t worry about formatting just yet. Brand new SD cards are ready to go.

• If your pedal already has the latest firmware, I don’t think you have to update your pedal firmware.
  • Just use the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) File > Export > Project to SD card.
  • Insert your card in your pedal and plug it in.
  • You will have to set your pedal settings.
1 Like

Looks good! I use a thunderbolt hub on my Mac. Same idea.

1 Like