Setting Beatbuddy volume through midi with OnSong

ok I’ve tried to find info on how to achieve this but just found bits & pieces
I understand it to be CC(control command)108 that sets the volume which I’ve found in Onsong.
However I can’t figure out what to do once I put in CC108? Where do I put the volume I wish to set & do I need to do anything on the Beatbuddy?
I’m already having the Beatbuddy change songs through midi program commands.

Help

I don’t believe the B.B. responds to midi volume commands, but give it a try. The syntax is CC108:value, where value is a number between 0 and 127. There is no space after the colon.

I found this thread, where he seemed to make it work.
I just dont understand where he’s putting in the colon as I can’t find that option in Onsong.

http://forum.mybeatbuddy.com//index.php?threads/onsong-and-midi-volume-cc-format-solved.7364/

https://onsongapp.com/docs/features/formats/chordpro/midi/

Look about halfway done the page where the CC commands are discussed. In your case, the colon is immediately after the 108. CC108 gives the command. The colon tells the device there is a value coming. Then after the colon, you have the value.

Oh, wait, I get the problem now. The command goes into the lyrics of your song. It can be in the song’s header, like after the tempo, or if you have it set to auto scroll, you could enter the command at a point in the lyrics where you want the volume change. You might need to have “MIDI: “ before the CC108. No quotes, just MIDI(no space)colon (single space) then CC.

Ah ok. Thank you Phil.
I will give that a go

Tried it in the Header under the Artist/Title & right at the top…no luck … I’m wondering if there’s something I have to turn on in Onsong or on the BeatBuddy. However it’s already sending program changes and scrolling the lyrics…nothing’s easy in the world of midi…

There are always many options and things that need to be turned on, on both ends. Something similar happened with my when I was configuring set list maker with BB. Are you posting questions on the Onsong forum as wel? I had to work with the Guy that created Setlist maker to make sure everything option was set properly.

Sorrry for the formatting below. The cooy/Paste from the BB midi manual didn’t work very well. Bottom line is that there is a CC-108 Enable/Disbale command under the BB midi in settings. You need to have it enabled.
https://singularsound.com/downloadable/BeatBuddy-MIDISettings-Firmware-v1.77.pdf

Mix-Vol (CC-108)

Enable
:
Mixer
volume
(main
volume
knob
that
controls
only
the
drum
sound
volume)
can
be
controlled
by
sending
the
MIDI
message with a value ranging from 0 to 100.

Disable
:
BeatBuddy
ignores
all
mixer
volume
commands
it
receives

Ok, that looks promising!
I’ll give it a go this eve.
Thanks again for taking the time to lend a hand

Setting up Onsong hot corners works for me… Currently, I have four different preset volumes plus mute set for live shows. A quick touch and done…
I use top middle and bottom middle zones to change tempo [ATTACH=full]9205[/ATTACH]

I tried the hot corners as well without luck. Clearly I’m missing something.
Midi command 108 was turned on and no luck