Settings Editor wifi or bluetooth?

hows the cell phone app coming? we should be able to create, name and adjust settings, with Bluetooth or even over the network. could be as simple as an editable webpage… bending over and the tiny keyboard on the touch screen is not working well for me…so far that’s the main usability problem I’ve had is the in between songs. that and how and when to incorporate beat buddy. seems a simplified versions of purchased beats are needed.

1 Like

Agree :+1:

An app would be nice, but there are IMHO a lot of much more important capabilities for Aeros (and for other SS products) that would be higher priority.

Will these (web and/or ios/android) apps spread Singular Sound’s limited development resources too thin? Both ongoing maintenance as well as initial release.

maybe hire this guy or buy him out.
seems his product line might be usable by SS clients

if this tiny project can have remote control, i think you guys should be able to figure out how to run a tiny web server or mobile app.

i believe in this day and age remote connection/configuration is part of the out of the box experience.
and if things are coded properly a bulk the code should be portable.

i just need song settings on a editable webpage
should be identical to the song settings page on aeros.

both the BB and the looper have this Ben Dover problem. the BB update to use the external buttons to browse was ingenious. so i hold hope for a unique solution.

Ben Dover is the biggest buzz/joy/creative moment killer #1 problem with usability.

The Midi Maestro solves the Ben Dover problem for me.

i see w/MM you can start a new song but not change settings.?
don’t mind randomly named songs.
you would have to switch modes to change tempo?
and still a mystery on time signature to me.

the initial problem is that even when i do “get down” on the floor.
the keypad is not as effective as say a cell phone on-screen keyboard.
i cant even back space with out things going askew.
maybe i got a crappy touch screen as i don’t see others with this complaint.

Nah it’s ok most likely. It’s definitely not as sensitive as a cell phone etc… You gotta touch screen much harder.

There’s no feedback that you are touching the screen. Highlight the “button” on press and make it go back on release?

1 Like

With 10 pages on MM you can customise most everything, including change tempo.

no feed back? too much feedback? not enough pad zone separation.?
i got cold fingers
maybe i need to velco a pen to it

it starts when erasing the existing name.
i’ll hit the backspace repeatedly and it removes characters .
then next thing i know it’s adding adjacent items

and when i type song name i get random adjacent items.

i can type on android, ios, and windows surface.
it reminds of typing on my old motorola defy xt.

just looked through the manual there is no photo of the on screen keyboard for reference.

im looking for what i consider to be out of the box functionalities.
i am still at the dabbling stage and these simple things would make the BB/aeros more fun and productive.
i will probably end up with the Maestro. but not in the near future…

i looked through the MM manual and did not see direct answers to the questions i asked.
should i have to create customizations for such basic operations. time signature, tempo and naming ?
direct me to the walk through and directions…

There are comprehensive out of the box Aeros and BB modes on the MM. I prefer to customise the MM to suit my way of playing.

I have to use a stylus. My fingers are too fat for that keyboard. Also, with macular degeneration, it’s hard to read it.

i think the stylus will be my interim solution. with MM in future,also wonder if the all caps naming firmware change will affect it.

1 Like

just updated firmware. song setting section looks a little better. still cant edit song names effectively with fingers. backspace almost always results in enter being pushed.

if we moved back space and enter to top bar the keyboard could be widened. remove “song name” title and keys could be made taller. at least give us alternative layout option so those with the tiniest hands and fingers can keep this layout.

I use a tablet pen, this kind of pen with a soft rubber top, work fine !