shaker groove needed

Let me get this out of the way: :slight_smile:

• I’m not a percussionist
  • I just got my BB last week, so I have not had a chance to fool with it (much) yet

I’m looking for a way to get a real simple, chick-a chick-a chick-a chick-a (i.e. 16ths) groove I can use for a first verse within an acoustic-feel song. Being able to use this within 4/4, 3/4 and 6/8 meters would be pretty sweet. I haven’t find anything like that in the standard-issue songs on my BB yet, so I understand I’ll probably need to create this.

Except that I bet somebody else has already done it. :slight_smile:

It occurs to me that the bi-directional motion that it takes to make a shaker make noise might be hard to sync up to the MIDI editor I’ll need in order to create this groove. What works for y’all in situations like this?

1 Like

Actually, I use a Cabasa sound or a Shaker sound with varying velocities to achieve that sound. One of the last songs I built I actually used both of them and just alternated between Cabasa notes and Shaker notes. Turned out pretty good.
Here’s a simple version of that (set at 100bpm)… except you’ll have to add the Cabasa (midi #69) and Shaker (midi #82) to the Standard Drum Kit if you want it to work for you. I’ve uploaded the .wave samples as well.

Shawono814, how do I do that? Add the Cabasa (midi #69) and Shaker (midi #82) to the Standard Drum Kit?

Since i have zero clue on how to build anything i need…Im a duo act…
all i really need is a shaker type , ride …
does anyone out there have that sng available?

1 Like

@shawno814 would you be willing to export your drumkit with these samples (instruments) and upload them somewhere so users could download them rather than having to create the instruments from scratch which can be time consuming and confusing.
Having said that my drum editor tutorials do explain this process.

Sure, I’ll upload my “new” Standard Drum Kit. Basically I didn’t keep a copy of the original Standard kit (which in retrospect was kind of dumb). I’ve been adding instruments and deleting extra samples from other instruments to make it fit the 100MB limit. This version of the standard kit has Cabasa, Tambourine, Shaker, Whip, a second sound of a HandClap (although I have to add some reverb), Cowbell, High Bongo, Low Bongo, High Woodblock and Low Woodblock.
Psalm 40… is there a place on here that will allow us to upload a complete drum kit? I haven’t seen one yet. In the meantime, you can download it here… https://www.dropbox.com/s/rd2bi3ixsd2vn3m/Standard%20Kit%20(modified).DRM?dl=0