simple 4 "tap" intro

Hi. I am new to BB so sorry if this is a newbie question, but I am looking for a simple 4 “tap” intro.
All the standard intros I have found so far are way to complex, and just 4 taps of the high hats (or similar) are all we want.
Can anyone help me with this?

I have a library of “Counts.” I thought they came with the BB, but I may have created them. Check your BB editor for a Counts directory. Meanwhile, here’s a 4/4 4-count

Great thanks JoeInOttawa
I don’t appear to have a “Counts” folder, however your 4/4 4-count is perfect.
I have now worked out how to create Counts using the MIDI editor, so should be ok from now on

I’m pretty sure you can also turn off intros in the bb settings and turn on a simple count in which I suspect will do what you want.
The benefit of this is that you don’t need to edit the beats. The con is that you change the setting for all beats, so you lose the flexibility of editing the beats.

Yes you are right…just tried it. This could be handy, although as you mentioned, it does disable all intros which might be an issue.
Thanks

Really? You mean I built all these counts? :slight_smile:

One other thing you should know before you turn off intros globally: Intros can be as long or as short as you want, from literally no count to having the entire front end of the song as an intro. For example, we’ve just started doing Jason Aldean’s Gonna Know We We Were Here, and the intro runs from the count-in through the intro instrumental to the breakdown at the beginning of the first verse. 15 bars, including the ever-popular 4-count. I needed that because I am busy doing the pedal dance at the transition, so I needed the drummer to be a bit self-sufficient at that point.