Single Click Transitions

I searched the old forum and I couldn’t find a way to setup the Beat Buddy or foot switch so I could transition through song parts with anything less than holding down the button on the main pedal or the foot switch. If this is the case, what is the logic in not having a single click option? Holding to transition makes it not worth using it for songs that have multiple parts because it throws me off. Its not natural to hold until it triggers and then wait longer for the transition to actually happen.

There MIGHT be an option in the pedal setup, but I’m not sure. That said, the only thing I ever struggle with on the Hold-for-Trans (and it’s not very often that I do) is the fact that the length required to be recognized as a hold is based on the current tempo, which can get to be a challenge.

But, again, it’s really not hard to get used to it, and I’m not sure how I would work without the 3-way option (press, hold, double-press).

In theory, the MIDI Maestro will be out in a couple of months, and it will give you all kinds of direct-access options. I think you could get very comfortable with the switching options on the BB and outboard switch, but if not, the Maestro might be a good option.

Of course, as always, YMMV…

Joe

$250 seems like a lot to add a pretty obvious option to the pedal. Why not just allow us to use the pedal for any button push we want from the menu? Why even limit it?