SINGULAR SOUND AEROS Looper. Wait -- WHAT?!

No, sir. It’s all about ME.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah we’ve seen that. :expressionless:

An “Aeros Lite” has been requested previously, definitely something we will consider after complete Aeros and Maestro launch.

1 Like

Im in the same camp as you. I was hoping for a Looper to replace the Boss RC-1 that I bought and then returned soon after I found out it wouldnt sycn with the BeatBuddy. I too am a novice/hobbyist and not a pro performer and just wanted a simple lopper that would sync perfectly with the BB and not have to do magic tricks or hacks to “make it work” as so many out there had been so frustrated with the other looper options. Hopefully they make a Aeros Light version down the road for hobbyists in the $200-300 price range. I dont need all those options I just need a lsmaller form factor looper like the Boss RC-1 or RC-10R but made by Singular that perfectly midi syncs with the Beat Buddy as Im sure many here had hoped for/wanted. Oh well…guess we will not be looping anytime soon…or we will start to look at the other options out there sadly.

1 Like

+1000 me too

the problem is we DIDNT want/ask for a Mercedes. We wanted Basic Honda that allowed us to drive in Parallel (harmony) with our existing Honda (Beat Buddy) at the same or less price that was comparable to the competiton Toyota (Ditto x2 looper or Boss RC-1, RC-2, RC-10 etc).

All due respect, the “Honda” market is saturated with looper options, and the Aeros is way beyond a Mercedes.

[SOAPBOX_MODE=ON]
And, while we’re about it, the Beat Buddy is anything but a Honda. I mean, there’s just nothing out there like it that gives me the flexibility and options the BB gives me. Show me any other device that includes a fully-open platform that supports drum sets and patterns from just about anywhere, and the ability to program your own patterns and drum kits. My BB plays exactly what I want it to when I want it to, covers occasional keyboard parts, and, through the magic of MIDI, runs my stage lights. The Trio doesn’t do all that.

[SOAPBOX=OFF]

But I digress…

This looper is clearly aimed at a higher-end buyer, someone who might have been excited by the new Headrush looper, and who is really using the looper as their main instrument. I assume it has spectacular integration with the BB, and that, unlike all of the Honda options out there. I hope it actually does MIDI correctly (the MIDI jacks on most Honda options are largely decorative). It’s really not for guys like you or me. Which I think is what you said as well.

I also agree with you absolutely that this is way more than most of us might need. But it’s a hell of an idea that fits into that tiny little box.

Like you, I’d love to have an Aeros Light at $200-300, but I think the full-boat Aeros is the only way we’ll ever see something like that from Singular: There are dozens of products in the Honda space, and I think they have done a smart thing making their bones in the much less-contested high-end looper space to give them some credibility to take on the incumbents in the you-and-me space.

Thoughts?

3 Likes

I now dream of a dedicated Beat Buddy pedal board with my Beat Buddy, Aeros, and Midi Maestro all synced with my iPad and Setlist Maker. Sure it’s a lot of coin for a bedroom warrior but look at all of the stuff that we spend money on and barely get any use out of. I look around my music room and I have tens of thousands of dollars worth of equiptment piled on top of each other and software that is obsolete. I haven’t made a nickel from music since the mid eighties and I probably won’t ever make another. That doesn’t keep me from enjoying my time spent playing the same old stuff every night. truth be told , I’m a way better singer and guitarist than I was in the eighties. I just don’t have the needs to do it on stage anymore , either financially or egotistically. it’s a good place to be. I do it for me now.

3 Likes

My comment regarding the Boss looper / drum machine is in no way a slap at Singular. The BB is THE premier drum pedal…I assume the Aeros looper will be the same. I don’t think 6 tracks makes much sense, but that is just me…I truly look forward to the Aeros looper coming out and what people think. Is it pricey? Yeah it is…but the market dictates the price…if they don’t sell like they expect the price will drop…if they go like crazy, it is what it is…either way it is an extremely nice option. If you can’t make that back gigging, you need to rethink what you are doing. I do get a little excited by the headrush looper too…that rings in around $800-ish. I am not a bedroom player…I gig quite a bit and the BB is used every night / day of the gig. It is fantastic…I have the same expectation for Aeros.

Preach, my brother!

1 Like

No way the Aeros is way above a Mercedes. The headrush has 4 inputs and 4 outputs. All tracks can be assigned independently to/from the outputs/inputs. This is Mercedes. The Aeros is like a decked out Accord with it’s limited IO flexibility.

As someone who’s used both pretty extensively both at my house and at the studio here in office, I can say that the I/O is the only way IMO that the Headrush looperboard beats the Aeros.

I can add more info/compare the two further if you’d like, but I haven’t bothered to share my thoughts on the two head to head, as I feel it wouldn’t be trusted as a bias source.

Going to the car comparison between the Headrush and Aeros, I think it’s not an Accord vs Mercedes type deal, but rather a Mercedes vs BMW or Cadillac type deal, and their performance/track editions at that. There are places where the Aeros firmly takes the cake and places where the looperboard has an edge, they both are aimed at the same market however, and users within that market will pick and choose based on their unique priorities.

I’d consider things like the EHX 45000 to be a decked out Accord.

1 Like

Right. Along with the lower-end Rolands and Digitechs.

Fair enough. Thanks for the info.

I want something that I can plug into my BB and will work right away, dependably, without a huge learning curve. KISS?
Is the Aeros it?

Who is really using one?
Show us.Tell us.
I think I want one.

1 Like

They don’t exist in the wild yet. Shipping in Sept.

More like Santa’s sleigh. Full of promises, but no one has seen one yet

1 Like

I’m using one. BB is plug and play.

Even with the earliest versions of the firmware I’ve tested, I’ve yet to experience a crash or “show stopping” bug. So I’d definitely consider it dependable.

We knew that some people would want a simpler setup and so we created 2 different modes/numbers of tracks: 2x2 and 6x6.

In 2x2 everything is as simple as can be. Everything is straightforward. A great example is the BB/Aeros integration in this mode. Switching song part on the BB automatically switches part on the Aeros.

Then 6x6 is a bit more complex, but a lot more powerful. Everything still feels remarkably natural, but may require some hold commands or extra presses. Take the BB integration in this mode for example, switching to song parts requires you to queue up the part you want on the Aeros, then transition with either the aeros or BB to get to that next song part. It’s a few more taps, but it allows you to:

• Go to song parts out of order
  • Switch drums within a song part, for slight variation
  • And switch song parts without switching drums

All of which are very powerful for song creation! And at the end of the day, it’s still just a matter of a couple taps vs 2x2 mode where we strived to make most everything just a single tap away.

3 Likes

All due respect – and with appreciation for filling in a few more details for us – you don’t count as “anyone” in the context of “There isn’t anyone using one yet,” @AnthonySostre. You’re with the company (vested interest) and you’re using a pre-prod version that isn’t what will ship.

Keep the details coming, though, please! Because even if you can’t claim to be “anyone” using the Aero, you can certainly claim to be someone who knows what’s coming.

1 Like

yes thats cool it has 2x2 mode but we would still have to pay that extra $400 for something we would never use (6x6) which is not going to fly for those of us on a limited budget and non-professionals who want an RC-10R / Ditto X4, etc type competing product that syncs with the Beat Buddy, aka Aeros Mini.

Thanks for the quick reply.