SINGULAR SOUND AEROS Looper. Wait -- WHAT?!

Batch 2 should be shipping very soon, september 28 is when the factory’s supposed to be done with them, so I assume a few days to get actually shipped (I believe it lies on a weekend) and they should be in port on/around the 30th.

1 Like

Are we in port yet (and which port are you referring to ;-))? I assume it takes one week plus to get to the US … and then some final prep/test followed by shipping in the US?

Wonder which “holiday” SS was referring to for batch 2? Sounds like before Halloween is going to be a shoe in.

So, I was really intrigued by this looper when I first saw the advert for it, but I couldn’t take the wait because I needed to replace my pair of Infinity loopers right away. It looks like a great product for sure.

To those about the price: There are cheaper items available if you want midi clock to mess with in your bedroom. This is priced quite fair for what you get, and if you don’t need that much functionality, you can get a Ditto x4.

The looper I eventually bought to replace the Pigtronix loopers was $1000 - so this stuff isn’t cheap.

I’m going to keep my eye on this one and see how it grows. The demos look great, and it still might be in my future one day.

Congratulations on a great new product, SS!

1 Like

Yeah I was looking at the RC10R. But now that I am upgrading my guitar pedal board to the Helix LT it has a decent enough basic looper that should suit me well enough, but of course wont sync with the Beat Buddy (at least that I know of). My $$ is spent now so not looking to spend any more $ on anything like an Aeros or Aeros mini if it ever comes out…we shall see though. thanks

I gig with the BB and a Boomerang III in a band. If the boomerang saved loops it would be perfect for me. I’ve tried The infinity and didn’t like it and found the boomerang to be much more intuitive for me. Does the Aeros have the same functionality as the Boomerang?

1 Like

The Aeros doesn’t have every function the boomerang does, but it has many more functions the boomerang does not. The Aeros will save your loops in song arrangements. You can have 6 tracks in each of 6 song parts (Boomerang does 3 tracks only). Aeros has hands free track mixing with the built in volume roller wheel, firmware updates over Wifi, visual display of the recorded waveforms on a touchscreen… it’s the next level of looper.

1 Like

Not doubting how great Aeros is…just for accuracy in comparison…Boomerang can do 4 loops, not just 3.

Sorry to have to ask David but what can the Boomerang do that the Aeros can’t. I need a looper that can midi sync and start and stop with it, record serial loops (verse-chorus) record in parallel (more than one loop in sync but on independent switches) and can save the loops and load them without a lot of hassle… I really don’t need to look at the waveform while I’m at a gig. If I can hear it and it sounds the same as what I put in I’m good. Also need good switches. Love the ones on the Boomerang. I’m probably just used to them. But hey, thats just my needs.

@AnthonySostre Is there any update on the shipment and next step after that?

Hoping you can fill us in on what to expect.

Waiting for them to clear customs (stateside) should be soon!

3 Likes

Any update on this?

According to the FB page, they are available for order…
That should be a good sign for batch #2 preorders…

Thanks - yeah - I got the “your shipping label has been created” email and tracking # yesterday morning - but USPS hasn’t received anything to ship yet.

Things seem to be moving forward.

Mine arrived today. I’ve unpacked it but not plugged it in yet. Looks very premium but I’m a little concerned about how robust it will be. The switches are a little squeeky as well which I’m not delighted by.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Stage Lights

I’ll drop my $.02 in -

Every product conceived, designed, taken thru manufacturing, marketed, documented, debugged, supported is a HUGE undertaking - a major labor of love that hopefully will find a niche, serve a userbase, and turn a profit.

IMO, there are just not enough hours in a day or years in a life to justify going thru all that again to create something that is merely less capable and cheaper. I seriously say simply: Just Don’t Do It!

Instead, take the products that exist (BeatBuddy, and now Aeros) and perfect them to the maximal possible state that the given hardware (as operated by firmware) allows, wringing out of them every last use case and usability lesson that can be obtained from doing the engineering to create all the perfectly operating capabilities that the users are letting you know they want.

As this is done, create a deep and detailed list of any/all of the things that the users ask for that are -impossible- to do with the existing hardware.

THEN, finally, conceive and design the NEXT generation of hardware with MORE (inputs, tracks, options, processing power, features, etc. as appropriate for the further goals the user’s have given you) and ultimately manufacture and sell it.

Be sure also along the way to do continuing broad and deep surveys of the state of the competition. Not every great thing is going to be “invented here”. Incorporate all great ideas regardless of where they originated.

In all of this, NEVER DUMB IT DOWN (cripple or hobble it), and NEVER COMPROMISE ON QUALITY.

IMO, proceeding in this manner, you will find it to be true: Build It, and They Will Come! (i.e. Buy,)

2 Likes

“As this is done, create a deep and detailed list of any/all of the things that the users ask for that are -impossible- to do with the existing hardware.”

I think what attracted me to the Aeros was the fact that the big impossibility for me, in terms of loopers, was simply having one looper with all of the features. I found, before getting the Aeros, that every high end looper had some or most of the features, but none, all of them. Until, that is, the Aeros. I know it’s not finished, and those features will be in the final product.

1 Like

I hope everyone that was involved here knows the Aeros is now on firmware 3.0.0 and it is incredible!

How so? Share, please – what’s new?

Check out the 3.0.0 changelog here

We are also incredibly close to releasing the new beta on the forum, and hopefully go live on WiFi soon after!

1 Like