Sitar, Tanpura & Beatbuddy

I made similar stuff before, this time recording is much better as I ran everything through a mixer.

This is one of the Funk beats changed to percussion drum set.

1 Like

Brilliant :slight_smile: I uploaded a couple beats to the World Beats uploaded content forum that you might have fun with http://forum.mybeatbuddy.com/index.php?forums/world-beats.32/

Thanks Charles! Great stuff. I added fills from world perc pack into the bhajani beat and ballad fills to the belly dabcer beat. Sounds great. I’ll be on the lookout for more :slight_smile:

Thanks Charles! Great stuff. I added fills from world perc pack into the bhajani beat and ballad fills to the belly dancer beat. Sounds great. I’ll be on the lookout for more :slight_smile:

What are you using for the Tanpura sounds?

I am using a Swarangini Digital Tanpura, it is going through EHX Pitch Fork & C9 pedals.

You might give the Mel9 a try. I use it with my electric sitar and the strings sound beautiful. I’m going to try adding some tanpura samples to the percussion kit though I’m not sure how smooth I can get the sound when it’s looped. Maybe it would work best as a long accent hit that fades in and out.

Definitely an interesting pedal that has been in my wish list. Tanpura samples would be amazing, I’ll definitely will be on the lookout.

I have been working on this. Actually, right now I’m working on pads (Tonic, Fifth) in different keys and it’s working well. Since a pad is just a synth drone ala tanpura, I started thinking of doing the same thing with tanpura and a world drum set with tabla sounds.