So how do you actually download anything?

I am seeing a lot of new (transferred) threads with beats but no links to download them…are the actualy downloads going in to some other area?

Thanks

Don’t they all say Download Here at the bottom of the post? That’s the download link. That’s certainly the case of the ones I created

No I have seen those but thee are a lot that have nothing…unless I am missing something “IDK”??

For example: Walk of Life - Dire Straits

Ok I thought you were talking about the new transferred resources which are in the Resources category. They were transferred in the last few days.

Otherwise if you’re looking at posts that were created in the old forum before THE EVENT then yes, I think Phil has already told you about that.

Thanks ghost, yeah I already knew resources were lost (as in prior to Nov 2017)…I was merely commenting that a search on this NEW forum still produces a link to a thread that contains no d/l links. I was not asking after “deadlinks” on the old forum.

It’s a shame that Singular Sound also moved those posts with the lost resources that were never re-uploaded. It would have been nice had they been able to figure out how to exclude posts that no longer contained active links—“orphans.” In the mean time, I guess the best we can expect is to use those orphan posts to ask the OP to repost their songs.

My opinion? Orphans should be removed from this forum. Not that I think I could do any better than SS has (or hasn’t) :upside_down_face: but since I’m not a SS employee, I’m not inclined to try to do their jobs for them.

1 Like

yeah, good post persist, I totally agree.

Perhaps if the forum could add a [broken-link] or [looking-for-song] or other tag that we could add when we come across these sorts of posts we could tag them and at least give people a heads up?

1 Like

Yes good idea. Not sure how they could implement it. I mean we could add a comment to the thread but as you say some sort of immediately visible tag wold be much better…or in fact it’d be better to not imoprt the thread in the first place, but with limited resources this would not be possible I guess.

The best clue to identify a posted resource with an orphan may be for any upload that was done before Nov 17, 2017. Either that or nothing happens when clicking on the link at the bottom of the post. :exploding_head:

Are you the only (active) mod @persist ? We could flag the orphans for moderator attention (ie deletion) but I don’t want to give you more work!

Yep. I’m the only mod

Be nice if there was some way we could flag these (as they are discovered) somewhere in the thread header…not sure how it could be achieved without granting mod status tbh - maybe add something along the lines of the “like” and edit links at the bottom, but place them at the top??

You can flag those messages by 1) clicking on the ellipse button which expands your options and then 2) click on the flag icon.

ahh okay so if we do that, you’ll get a message directing you to specific threads, yes? which of course you can then delete…

If the post gets flagged, please don’t direct or message the flag to me. Just flag it and on a once-per-week basis I will try to search for all flagged posts, review and then possibly delete once I’ve reviewed (and tested).

When I delete other users’ posts it tends to really piss those users off and then I get hate mail, which let’s face it, I’d really rather not put up with as it creates hard feelings on both sides.

yeah fair dues - probs best not to worry about it then…just accept that there will still be dead links remaining.

I understand your position - damned if you do or don’t hahaha!

Potentially, when you flag it, we could message the person or leave a post in the thread and have a deadline: if resource isn’t added within a week it’s deleted. I should think that’s fair and wouldn’t produce any hard feelings. I’d even help out with that process as much as I can to get the resources section cleaned up. :slight_smile:

1 Like