Walk of Life - Dire Straits

I’ve included 2 intro loops in this song to match the original. Personally, I am going to remove the first loop and start the song on the Kick loop since I don’t have a keyboard player to keep the intro melody going. I’d also add a count-in, but I’ve left it generic for individual users to adjust.
The only difference between the verse loops and the chorus loops is that the chorus has a Tambourine in it (which you will have to add to the Brushes kit). Be sure to make the transitions between verse and chorus each time so that you advance through the song correctly. The transition from verse to chorus is a 2 bar transition so make sure you hold it. Have fun with it!

When we are in the Brushes kit, where do we add the tambourine?

If you watch my 2nd video on the drumset editor I explain how to add a tambourine, I assume the song is general midi in which case it will be the same midi note which I believe is 54.

That is correct… Midi #54

Where is the download link? thanks

A. This post is from a January 2015.
B. All Resources and attachments to messages posted prior to November 2017 were lost.
C. There is a new Resources>Songs section on this Forum that has songs posted to Resources on the old forum after the November 2017 loss. Those posts have a download link.

Thanks Phil, but I did a search on THIS forum and it came up with this thread (which I assume is on this forum) and there is no d/l link afaics??

I assumed that when these were brought over from the old forum the links or d/l’s would be available. I don’t really see the point in bringing over dead resource links from the old forum, do you?

Hey dude, you know what. I’m done. Don’t look for any more posts from me.

I’m not interested in being Singular’s frickin’ apologist. If you can’t appreciate expertise and knowledge that you get given FOR FREE, I can’t be bothered with trying to help you.

Jeez, get up on the wrong side of the bed!!

Man you REALLY need to chill!

Hi, pax-eterna actually Phil was correct, I made this post in the old forum. When this forum was created, all old posts were simply copied over. After the original thread was posted, the resources links and files were all lost and as such, everything I had uploaded was gone. I haven’t bothered wasting my time re-uploading everything, I’ve just been waiting for specific requests to upload… I’m not sold that it won’t happen again if that’s how our data was treated the first time around.
If you’d like to try it out though, I’ll try to find some time this week to re-upload the song file for you… not a problem. Thanks.

You have misunderstood as well! I was NOT referring to the Old Forum, I was referring to the “broken thread” that was transferred here and the fact it was still broken and essentially should not have appeared here in the first place.

Thanks for planning to repost, but TBH if it is a OP song I probably will not use it. If I wanted a MIDI File player there are plenty of iOS and Android Apps (not to mention laptop PC’s as well) that can do just that and play to a software drum kit/s also contained on the iOS or Android device.

I am after BB “normal” format songs, which after all, imo, is the whole reason for having the BB in the first place!

Yep, I understood exactly what you were referring to as I came across a few post missing content in this new forum myself. This thread shouldn’t have been transferred over from the old forum as it only has confused a few members that are attempting to correct you.

1 Like

Cool, thanks!

Yeah I don’t use OP songs. I think it completely defeats the purpose of having the pedal. If I wanted to be confined to a strict song order and length I’d play a backtrack.

Here are the files again. I’ve included a PDF of the lyrics, chords and BB notations I use. I’ve also included Tambourine samples and velocities in case you need to add them to your drum kit. Have fun with it.

Beatbuddy Notes/Symbols Legend:
Blue Triangle (play button) = Start/Fill In
Blue square with number = Transition Fill (number represents number of bars to hold the transition fill)
Red “O” = Outro
*asterisk on chords = 1 strum and stop or hold

Walk of Life.zip (1.2 MB)

2 Likes

thanks for re-posting this!