So how do you sync new songs to the pedal?

I made up three or four new tunes and stuck them in a folder called My Songs in the manager software. Now I plug my pedal and and… what? The pedal shows up as an external drive on my PC, but where do I save them to? What manager menu choices do I use? I’m confused…

The current version of software is indeed very confusing. I still don’t fell very confident when it comes to opening/saving/loading projects :slight_smile:

Anyways, you need to Import - Export > Export Project to Pedal. Then select a root directory of your SD card (the external drive that comes up when you connect BB).

Copy that. Do I choose “yes” and overwrite all files that are already there? I only want to copy one folder with songs on it, should I export the folder “My Songs” to root directory instead?

Unfortunately, Singular Sound chose the format when you cannot simply add some new files. Treat all the SD card content as a solid archive.

Overwrite everything.

Cool. That worked great. Took a little time, but done. Before I did it I copied the entire SD to my hard drive. I’ll overwrite that and call it a backup.

What does the future Sync option mean at the end of the process? I answered yes but not sure what that does…? Sorry for all the questions…

Hey! It’s a pleasure for me to help users with legitimate questions!

As far I got it myself, Future Sync means that as now you chose the location of SD card. This will be stored for your convenience to not having to choose it every time. You made a very clever decision making a backup copy.

Im still having a problem finding the new folder on my pedal…I saved the folder to “export project to pedal” but I think the problem is I don’t understand what you mean when you say “choose the root file on the external drive” what does that mean?
thanks for your help
bruce1031

How do you sync new projects to pedal?

Im still having a problem finding the new folder on my pedal…I saved the folder to “export project to pedal” but I think the problem is I don’t understand what you mean when you say “choose the root file on the external drive” what does that mean?
thanks for your help
bruce1031

The root is the top level of the folder structure. Once you click into a folder you are no longer at the root - it’s a term we use in it a lot in IT.
On my BeatBuddy SD card I now have numerous projects where I saved it back as it had lost the sync (must tidy it up). If you have made a folder in the beat buddy manager or a song, export it to have a back up. Import the project from the pedal, make your changes then synchronise - this synchronises your project in the manager software to the BeatBuddy. Exporting just moves the project and files to another location.

Hope that makes sense, you may find my 2nd tutorial video helpful.

Re: How do you sync new projects to pedal?

Yeah, I tend to use that wording very often :confused:

The root of the drive is always "X:" where X is the drive letter.
Let’s say, you have a folder where Windows is located - "C:\Windows". The root of that drive (where you have Windows) will be "C:". When you plug your pedal to your computer (running a normal Windows system) a new drive will be created for you. But it’s letter will depend on how many other drives you already have in your system. What I mean by the “root of SD card” - is that very letter that gets added - like "F:" or "E:". Not any nested folders, but the top level folder.

Now, the archive “FINAL Content v120 - SD card files.rar” you download from the internet you may put to somewhere like your desktop, "C:\users\bruce1031\Desktop". When you unpack this, you will have a folder "C:\users\bruce1031\Desktop\FINAL Content v120 - SD card files" (which will contain DRUMSETS, EFFECTS, and other folders and files). What I mean when I say the “root” of the archive is this very folder "C:\users\bruce1031\Desktop\FINAL Content v120 - SD card files" that has the extracted contents of the archive.

By the way, can you please use your old threads for replying? The history of your posts gets lost, but it doesn’t matter for us whether it is a new thread or an old - we see and read all the threads!

[Edit] Silly me, Psalm40 already answered your question like an hour ago :confused:

No your not silly…I must be the stupidest person in this forum…is there a step by step instruction or video on how to save my new gig folder onto my pedal…I cant believe im the only one here having a problem…im more confused than ever
bruce1031

Watch my 2nd tutorial video, hopefully that will answer your question.

I realize the problem im having…when I go to "import/export… synchronize is not highlighted …its there but not highlighted for me to click on…do you know why?
bruce1031

You need to import project from pedal. Details on my first video.

I finally got the syc done…it saved to the right drive…However my new folder is not showing up in my bb…how do I find the new file in the bb
as you can see …im not a quitter…
thanks
bruce1031

1. You import the project and save it to your computer,
  2. You make changes
  3. You synchronise the project

It sounds like you have not done stage 3.