some "with bass" kits do not sound right... any tip?

HI all, a bunch of kits that people seem to use satisfactorily, do not sound right when on BB, (they are ok in BBmanager)
e.g. bass in “rock 3 with bass lowC” and “NPsuperbassG” sound like coming from a deep cave… low volume and deep reverb making not usable…when I switch to someting like Rock2 with bass everything is ok, any problem in the settings I can check?
thanks

According to the developers, the software and pedal don’t process note-offs correctly from the midi files.

You should probably try with the latest betas of the firmware and BBM.

See your forum Inbox.

Same issue for me, but it occurs on the StandardPBass(1) kit. Could I get the links to the betas, please?

Check your forum inbox.

Solved :):):):)!

Same issue for me. Can I get the links to the latest beta’s please? Thank you.

Check your forum inbox.

Could I get the links to the latest betas, please?

… been wondering about this every time I quantize , it just turns to reverb mush …
I’ll take that p.m. Persist
thanks.

Done

FYI, the problem with the BBM Midi Editor is that any time you make and Apply a change, whether it’s to quantize or to transpose a bass note, it will hose the sound quality and turn it to “reverb mush.” This applies to BBM versions ≥1.6.4. Some tips:

• Use the BBM Midi Editor only to confirm that there are no unsupported notes; make no changes using the Midi Editor;
  • Do not quantize using the BBM Midi Editor;
  • Edit your midi files using a DAW;
  • For the best bass sound, use the NP or Mod drum sets.

Done.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. Can I get the betas as well? Thanks.

Tom

1 Like

Done.

1 Like

Is there a place I can actually find all these “drums with bass” kits? I was looking in resources for some song ideas and kept seeing the “with bass” songs. But when I punch it in search, it just comes up with the threads on the songs using those kits.
Thanks!

Resources/Drum Kits at http://forum.mybeatbuddy.com/index.php?resources/categories/drum-kits.5/

Thanks for the link. I appreciate it!

One more stupid question. What does OPB stand for in regard to certain song files with drums? Is that a certain kit that you need or?

OPB stands for one-press bass and usually the bass sounds best with a drum kit with bass prefixed with “NP” which stands for Non-Percussion. There are OPB songs created with several different drum kits.

I see there is an NP Ludwig w bass kit now … any idea where to find that one ?
…it’s not in any resources listing .

I have the same issue too with the NP Standard Pro Bass drum kit. Is the beta trial the only solution? If so, I’d appreciate access to the betas.