Something - DOP, OPB, OPBk (UPDATED)

Requires:

• Mod Vintage Ludwig Bass drum set = NP Vintage Ludwig Bass
  • Beta BeatBuddy Manager version 1.6b or newer
  • Firmware v1.8.5 (recommended) or newer

Includes:
  • Something.sng file (OPB = one press bass)
  • Chords & Lyrics - Something
  • Midi source file: Something.mid
  • Separate bass & drum midi tracks: Something b d.mid
  • Joined bass & drum midi tracks: Song.mid

Download Here

2 Likes

The Beatles

Notes:

• Starts after the tom toms roll in
  • What’s updated? This has been one of my favorite songs and it finally came up for an update (I’m gradually updating all of my songs starting with the first ones I posted to the forum). Different source; 3 versions added; lowered velocities; Phil_Flood graciously customized a new drum set (link provided within the zip file); and refreshed the cheat sheet.
  • I really like the v4 with organ and strings :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • Link (in blue font) to new user resources

Suggested kit(s):

• v1 SUB-Standard Pro Plain
  • v2 SUB-Std Pro PL Bass 0-31
  • v4 STAX AcousPiano& 2119 Hammond
  • v4 STAX Hammond 2082 & Strings

Includes: 4 songs, MIDI source file; web link to drum set and Chords & Lyrics

Something - The Beatles.zip (157.0 KB)
1369/49

Disclaimers:

1. Music is art, it’s interpretive. So right or wrong, good or bad does not exist.
  2. I avoid filling song requests for BeatBuddy users that are getting paid for performing (if you get paid for your time, I should too; PM if interested). There are a couple of exceptions: at my discretion, I might fill a new user request (or two); the other being if I really like the song requested.
  3. How many ornaments did we try to hang on the Christmas tree before it collapsed?
  4. Past remains prologue.
  5. Multi-tasking: The art of doing twice as much as you should, half as well as you could.
3 Likes

Thanks for doing the update Persist… Nicely done…

Skol… :beers:

1 Like

Thank you all I’m French and new to the forum and discover a lot of beautiful things like new versions of something.
Thanks Persist.
Small question, I would like to remove the bass track in the V4 version. Is this possible?
Thank you.

I’ll take care of it.

1 Like

To answer your question, usually it’s easy to remove the bass from a song posted to the forum, Even easier if you have a DAW (digital audio workstation):

1. use the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) to Export MIDI File… (do this by hovering over and control-clicking the song)
  2. use the DAW to remove the bass notes (usually everything below C1) and export as MIDI file
  3. use the BBM to add the new MIDI file back into the song

Can you use the BBM MIDI Editor to remove the bass notes? Probabl,y but my experience has been that sometimes removing or editing notes in the MIDI Editor may alter the audio quality of the song.

Sometimes the Export MIDI File… doesn’t properly export the file to MIDI and it might corrupt it so that’s something to watch out for as well.

Something_v3M.sng (12.0 KB)
Something_v4M.sng (15.8 KB)

v3M = drums, organ and strings
v4M - drums, piano, organ and strings (this is kind of a twist on the instrumentation)

Suggested kits
v3M - STAX 2082 Hammond & Strings
v4M - STAX AcousPiano & 2119 Hammond

Thanks Persist,

You did an excellent job… I’m really happy with the result.
I tried to suppress the bassline with BBM but it did affect the quality of the song.
I will choose a DAW to be able to work (if you have a Daw to advise me I am a taker).
I imagine making an SNG file is complicated but probably possible with DAWs.
If you have a link or a tutorial, I am also interested.
Excuse me for my texts I don’t speak English so I use Google translator.

I’m glad you like the results and thank you for translating to English.

There are many good DAWs and my choice is Reaper (I think it’s localized for French) or Logic Pro X (Mac only). Search the forum using the word tutorials.

I don’t try to create MIDI files from scratch. I usually find good MIDI source files by searching the Internet; theyare plentiful and available in many languages (French, Spanish, etc).

1 Like