Song request: Artist: Madsen Title: Du schreibst Geschichte

Hi everybody,

time for germany to get on the beatbuddy hype. By any chance, is there somebody who can create the drums for that song? No Bass required.

here is the link to the song:

thank you very much.

are there professionals out there how would do drumsets for money?

“The uploader has not made this video available in your country.” :frowning:

If you can provide a midi source file, somebody on the forum can usually transcribe the drums for you (and usually for free). I did a quick search and could not find the song you are asking for. Perhaps one of our forum users in Germany can help you.

ok,

got the midi file here…hope its ok…first time for me to do something with midi.

I’ll give it a try—thanks for providing a midi source file.

wow. really appreciate.

Thank you very much.

Hi, MistaEvil. I found another YouTube source and listened to the song. Very catchy—I like it!
I’ve included two screen shots to illustrate the problem:
[ATTACH]5061[/ATTACH] This is what your midi source file looks like. All the musical instruments are in just one track. In order to transcribe the drums, each instrument needs to be in a separate midi track and it would look like the next screen shot.
[ATTACH]5062[/ATTACH] When the midi tracks are separated by instrument type, it’s easy to work with the drums.

Can you possibly go back to the source where you got the midi file from and see if they have another version with separate tracks for each musical instrument? If so, it would be pretty easy to transcribe the drums into a song for you.

thanks…i try

you got an idea with which program i can transcribe an audio file into midi, with the midi tracks got seperated for the instruments?

No idea. Usually, musicians will sequence a song from a score using midi equipment and this is how each instrument has it’s own midi track.
Ripping the drums into a midi track from an audio source is not impossible but it’s beyond my skills.

To do so requires somebody that knows how to do it and has the equipment or software. I think it can be done with a DAW (digital audio workstation) such as Reaper or Logic Pro X but never having done so, I would not know how.

When users cannot find free midi source files, sometimes they will buy the file from a commercial vendor, http://www.midifiles.com/de/artistes/madsen

As this gets expensive very quickly, it’s not something that I recommend.

maybe this file works better.

It looks good. I will add a count-in to it. and will have it done right after lunch.

Your song is at http://forum.mybeatbuddy.com/index.php?resources/du-schreibst-geschichte-op.1197/

Just use the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) to Import Song. It will start to play with one press; to end, press the pedal twice.

I would be interested in knowing how you (or your friend?) were able to rip the drums from the audio file.