SongBook Chordpro - Song Select & Tempo Select

Hi,
This is for anyone that might be using the program SongBook Chordpro by LinkeSoft. I know a lot of people us OnSong (and it’s a great app), but for those if you that prefer SongBook Chorpro… this is for you.

Song Select for: Folder 2, song 5
{midi: PC0.1:4}

Song Select and Tempo Select: tempo of 85 bpm
{midi: PC0.1:4, CC106:0, CC107:85}
*In order to get the tempo to change the song you have to go into the Beat Buddy menu and disable the use default tempo option, otherwise it just keeps the original tempo of the song.

It took me FOREVER to figure this out. I hope this helps someone, and saves you time.

Jace

3 Likes

Hi Jace,
I recently purchased Beat Buddy and would like to use SongBook ChordPro to auto select the song on BB when open the song on ChordPro. Do I need to insert midi command i.e. {midi: PC0.1:4} anywere in the song text or in the beginning or at the end of the song text?
Can you tell how you pair BB with ChordPro?

Thank you.

Victor.

Hi,
I connected SongBook with BB now and Jace’s procedure didn’t work for me. Below is a description of what works for me.

Song Select for: Folder 2, song 5
{midi: CC0.0 CC32.1 PC4}

Song Select and Tempo Select: tempo of 85 bpm
{midi: CC0.0 CC32.1 PC4 CC106.0 CC107.85}

Victor: The midi command can you insert wherever in a song.

Hey everyone. I want to connect my Ipad, beatbuddy and RC-500 with the Widi connector, which should be possible. However - would i be able to control both the Beatbuddy and the RC-500 with Songbook. Maybe utilising different channels?
Ultimately, I want the Beatbuddy and the RC-500 to automatically go to the correct preset when I select a song in Songbook.

Thanks in advance

AG

I just started testing it, and maybe there’s an easier way, but I believe you have to add the channel number to each midi command (I have my BB set to channel 10), so here’s the commands I use
{midi: CC0.0@10 CC32.0@10 PC0@10 CC106.0@10 CC107.90@10 CC108.87@10}

Exactly, that’s how I do it also. I also expanded it to include my mixer Behringer X-air12, so I can turn on and off effects for each song. Only downside is, that I have to have all the commands in every song. But other than that it works perfectly.

1 Like

Dear Jacé,
I use Songbook and a guitar effect pedal from Boss, the GT1000. Now certain songs need certain sound settings that I then save in my guitar effect pedal. The GT1000 is has in total 50 banks with 5 patches each that you can edit and save. In total, I can store 250 patches.

In Songbook I use (as an example) the instruction {midi: PC0). The GT1000 then goes to patch 01-1. With the instruction {midi: PC1} it goes to patch 01-2. Works perfectly, however due to the fact that we can go up to command 128, I can’t get beyond Patch 25-4 on my GT1000.

The remaining 24 banks with 5 patches each are therefore not accessible with the instruction PC.
It is possible that the PC command is not the solution. Possible a combination with another midi command? I can’t figure it out. Any ideas?

1 Like

Arie,

I believe you have to use the Bank Select command, which isn’t one of the midi commands available in Songbook.

However, you might be able to do it using “ARBITRARY BYTES”, see: (LinkeSOFT SongBook Your lyrics and chords on Android smartphones and tablets)
and base it on the information from here: Changing patches over MIDI using Bank Select Controller

It looks like it might take a lot of trial and error to get it to work.

Good luck!

6 posts were split to a new topic: Songbook Pro