Southern Man - Neil Young - bass, piano w/jam loops (updated)

Based on Phil Flood’s STAX SAX Acoustic Piano kit we use on a few songs (bass 0-31 and piano 60-96). Inspired by Persist’s earlier effort I’ve added piano and pushed my evolving REAPER skills to create jam loops. Only requires hitting the pedal for a Transition in the correct place. There are no transition or other fills.

Includes notated cheat sheet (updated with more accurate chords) and .sng

Automatically starts solo/jam section Main 1 (loop) when Intro ends
When you’ve had enough hit “Transition” (on last Gm) to Main 2 – repeats beginning Intro Section as above starting with Dm Bb Gm [2x] to play verse and 2nd chorus.
*Hit “Transition” (on last Gm as before) to return to jam loop again (Main 1 - Dm Bb Gm)
Outro solo over jam loop – we plan to fade out (volume pedal) you can hit Stop/Pause on final Gm for a dramatic finish.

2 Likes

I could not get this one to load in my manager either… maybe they only work in mac

I just checked ‘Watchtower’ with my renovated effort on my PC with 1.65 BBM and both drum kit and .sng work fine. I’ll check Southern Man as well but I suspect there is something on your end not Mac-related?

Just loaded Southern Man from the post and it also works on PC/BBM 1.65 as I thought. Sorry but I can’t think of what else for you to check at this point. Perhaps one of the other folks will chip in.

I loaded a bunch of songs today that I have collected over the last month or so and those 2 were the only ones I had a problem with. I am not complaining as I really appreciate everyone’s efforts here . I still haven’t got past the (making a song) thing yet but hope to. I am just trying to help work out bugs.

Cheers FX

I just tested it and it works fine. Re-download the file and unzip. Delete the old version from your BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) and File > Import > Song you just unzipped.

1 Like

Huh, working now… nice job!!

Scary to think where we would be without Persist casting light…