Space Oddity - DOP, OPB & OPBk+

David Bowie

Notes:

• Includes a count-in; the v7 song includes quite a few different instruments using the synth & strings. Fun song to transcribe.
  • Link (in blue font) to new user resources

Song version_________________Suggested kit

v1 (DOP)_____________________SUB-Standard Pro Plain
v2 (OPB)_____________________SUB-Std Pro PL Bass 0-31
v7 (OPBk+)___________________STAX Synth & Strings

Includes: 3 songs, MIDI source file, chord shapes and Chords & Lyrics

Space Oddity - David Bowie.zip (87.0 KB)

My to-be-posted queue is at Some songs to look for in coming days/weeks/months, etc
@everbender

4 Likes

Hi. Sorry for a couple of naïve questions. I have a Beat Buddy and also the Premium Content 2021. This is my first download of user-generated content and need some help.

First, what do the abbreviations DOP, OPB, and OPBk+ mean?

Second, where can I obtain the suggested kits for this song?

Click on the resources (blue text) in my post above and it will lead you to a link with a definition of the acronyms in use.

To find the kits you need, use the forum Search function; there’s an explanation of how to use Search to find the user-created kits, also in resources. Here’s a link to the first two kits: Substitute Standard Pro with Bass kits
you shouldn’t have too much trouble searching for and finding the third (STAX) kit.

Download, unzip, use the BBM to import and activate the kit.

Brilliant. Thanks for your quick reply!

Hi there…learning this stuff as I go. For the V7 “STAX Synth & Strings” version, which kit does that need? and where do I find it. I can get the v2 to play with Pro +Bass, but the v7 seems like it’s missing something.

Thanks,
Cheers!

Sorry and never mind…I think I answered my own questions…with the magical little spy glass search feature!

1 Like