Standard BB beat for Viva La Vida

Hi, all -
I’m working on a looper version of Coldplay’s Viva La Vida, but would like to use the BeatBuddy instead of percussion on my guitar for it.
Any suggestions on a good pre-loaded standard beat that would work for this song?
Thanks!

maybe not exact but usable I think, try funk 3 at about 69 bpm

1 Like

Thanks a bunch! I’ll try it. :slight_smile:

And if you can live with a drums one-press, I previously posted it.

Yep, I saw that, Persist. I appreciate it & I may use it as well.

I’m just playing with the Aeros and trying to do a few simple ones to build in front of an audience.

Thanks for all you do! :slight_smile:
D.

1 Like

Are we talking about the same song, here? Viva la Vida just has a kick drum playing quarter notes, and that’s it! If you don’t want to buy the whole Premium Complete Collection, you should at least look at buying the Beat Elements pack. That gives you individual hats, ride, snare, and kick beats. I just set Kick Elements for 138 BPM. For the parts where there’s no kick, I added a part that has the shaker from the Premium Ballad Beats to keep time.

Thanks. I know the song is not very percussion heavy, but I also don’t have a whole orchestra playing behind me so I was trying to add some “fill”.

Question for you on using the Beats Elements, you said you added a Shaker to it. Did you actually edit the BB beat? Or did you pull it into Midi and make a one-press version?

If you edited the actual beat to add a shaker, what did you use to edit the beat?
Just wondering.
Thanks again,
D.

Oh, I haven’t downloaded any of those one-press songs with keyboards and stuff. I just use Beatbuddy for drums, and I hit the transitions myself. It’s harder to perform, but it’s so satisfying. It feels more like I’m playing an instrument. Anyway, I just use Beatbuddy Manager to make a new song where I copy and paste pieces of Shaker into pieces of Kick Elements. That’s why it’s good to have the Beat Elements pack. If you have a song where the drums drop out for a bit, you could stick something in there to keep time that sounds better than metronome blocks.
For instance songs like “Pride and Joy”, or “Mary Jane’s Last Dance” start with guitar by itself. I pasted a quarter-note hi hat in those so that the guitar player can play in tempo.

Thanks for your response. This is pretty eye-opening.
So, you used the BB Manager, pull in a beat, rename it (so you have a new beat), and then add other elements to it?
Do you just pull them in to empty parts within the song, and then tap to transition?Just trying to understand your process.
It sure would be helpful to use individual elements to create custom beats!