I have Beat Buddy as the midi master for Aeros and I have a midi maestro. I want to loop the verse of a song then transition the beat buddy to a chorus drum part and stop the Aeros. I have a button on the midi maestro that successfully transitions the beat buddy and stops the track on the Aeros.
Is there a way to transition the Beat buddy back to the verse drum part and start the recorded track on my Aeros at the start of a measure/in sync with the beat buddy?
Right now all I see is that I have to try to start the track manually and in time with the beat buddy. Kind of tricky to do.
- Are you saying you want to have the Verse section start again while Aeros is stopped? Or are you trying to start a new recording in a new part?
- Are you in 2x2 or 6x6 mode?
- Do you need the BeatBuddy to cause the Aeros to transition or does the MIDI Maestro handle transitions for both of them?
Have you tried sending a CC:41 value 0 command right after you tell the BB to transition back to the Verse so that you can set up a recording on the Aeros in the Verse again? The Aeros should not lose count while stopped and if it receives a MIDI record command it will wait until the next measure to start recording.
There are two known bugs for the Aeros in 5.0.3 related to restarting the Aeros from stopped while Receiver and BeatBuddy is Transmitter:
- If Count In Record is off, the Aeros will not start recording in sync with a Master clock (like the BeatBuddy) after it is stopped and a recording is started from a stopped state instead it starts recording immediately. If Count In Record is on but the count in is set to 0, this will work correctly.
- If Count In Playback is off, the Aeros will not start playback in sync with a Master clock (like the BeatBuddy) after it is stopped and playback is started from a stopped state, instead it starts playback immediately. If Count In Playback is on but the count in is set to 0, this will work correctly.
Let me know thanks for the question!