Starting song beat

Can one start the new song using the foot switch instead of tapping the bb itself?

One way is to set one of the footswitch buttons to “Main Pedal.” This will cause that button to act just like the pedal would, were it being pressed.

I guess im out of buttons
I use the left one for fills and transitions and the right button for pause and restarts.

ThNk Phil

Additional FC3/FC4/FC5 foot switches can also be installed… the metronome will not work after the song stops.

I guess im out of buttons
I use the left one for fills and transitions and the right button for pause and restarts.

ThNk Phil

Wayne, that’s how I use my pedal too. What I ended up doing was following the Norbert hack (posted somewhere in this forum many years ago) and installed another footswitch port so that I could add another external switch (I use a Boss FS-5U). This will definitely void any type of warranty and would never be recommended by Singular Sound, but it definitely worked for me. I now have my BB sitting on a small clamp on shelf on my mic stand so that I can change settings when I need to.
One issue that I came across is that I tried the same hack with a newer version of the BB that I bought second hand, and low and behold they changed the way they wired the pedal switches from the initial setup. Took me a while to get it to work on a newer pedal, but I eventually got it. It’s a back-saver for me… no more bending down… Ever! Good luck!

You could buy the MIDI Maestro. It gives you one-tap start and stop, and it opens up a lot of other options as well.

1 Like

I have seen a lot of topics on here about the maestro but i have absolutely no idea what it does or doesnt do.

The MIDI Maestro is a MIDI control pedal that allows you to create your own presets, or modes, to send MIDI commands from the MIDI Maestro to your pedals. The BeatBuddy has many MIDI mapped capabilities which you can look over here.

You use our smartphone app to edit the mode and create the necessary commands.

Read more about it in the manual!

Thanks for the question