Stopping bb

I have some OP and OPB 's that keep playing when I want the song to end with a double press.Anyone no how I can change that ? I literraly have to toggle to a new song to get the previous one to stop ?

Thanks

Brent

A couple of scenarios where this can happen:

1. If the song requires a double-tap to start, move the song from the Outro to the Intro and copy the Null to the Outro
  2. If the song requires a single-tap to start, copy the Null or Nil to the Outro

There’s probably a pedal setting as well but I don’t use it.

This also happens if the song includes long .wav files. The “song” will stop playing, but the .wav wants to complete before it stops.

This happens because you can assign very long .wav files to a note in BB, and some folks are assigning an entire bass line to the first note in a given bar or section. The way to test to see if this is the case is to start the offending song and then substantially reduce the tempo. If the drums slow down but the bass keeps playing at the correct speed, then you have large .wav files in the drumset instead of individual notes.

Its a midi file I put together and what it does is it keeps looping the song.How do I set it to stop at the end of the loop ?

Brent

One easy way to do that is to add a bit of blank space at the end of the song, and then have and velocity 1 note after that. Give yourself 15 or 20 measures of blank. This gives you time to do the double tap to end before the loop restarts.

2 Likes

how does one copy the “null” from ?

Thanks

Brent

is that doen in a midi editor or in the bb manager ?

Use the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) to copy the Null; highlight the Null file by hovering over it and then press CMD-C (or CTRL-C if using Windows). Then find the Intro or Outro section in your song where you want it to go, hover over it and press CMD-V (or CTRL-V) to paste. Save your project. NOTE: you can also use the Nil or Nil at 32 files from one of my songs.

In a midi editor. I do not recommend the built-in midi editor, but you can try it. I use a DAW, Logic Pro X.

So will the song just stop at the end as well as w a double tap if null is in the outro ?

You will still have to double-tap to end the song. The double-tap should advance the playing to the Null file in the Outro (which is a short MIDI file with no audible MIDI notes).

However, if you have not adjusted the loop in the Main Drums Loop as Phil_Flood suggested, you might still have the issue of the song not ending quite when you expected.

I put 1 push songs in the intro section and null as the main loop, but first I add a count in using beatbuilder. this way the song plays all the way through and then moves to the main loop which is empty. easy peasy.

Hi thanks for your help I have this working now and its great.Also the “centerfield” OPB is fantastic ! New challenge. Can you find "running on faith by eric clapton the uplugged version and do it so its broken into sections intro,verse ,chorus ,lead type thing so that holding the pedal down advances it to the next part ? Even if just the lead worked that way so that I can improvise until I want to go onto the rest of the song and finish ? So it might be say verse 3 press and hold to lead then press and hold again to the endo of the song. I do it in the key of E so if you could do a good bass part that would be great to.
Thanks
Brent

Depends on the quality of the source file for Running on Faith.

This is what i usually call a “Jam Version.” The “Intro” has everything before the jam. You start the song, and it plays. then the Jam is the “Main Loop 1.” This will play without any further action from you, and will loop as long as you like. This is normally a full verse. When you are through with your jam, you will double tap, and this will take you to the “Outro” section. That will be everything in the song after the jam. You do need to be careful with the timing of getting to the outro. For me, I find that having the “Cue Fill” setting set to “Next Measure” takes care of this. That way, as long as I double tap somewhere in the measure before I want to advance to the Outro, the song will advance on time. And, when I say “Double Tap” I am usually using the two button foot switch with one button set to outro so I really only tap once.

Phil_Flood has posted a version to the forum already. Might be easier for him to work it up for you: Running on Faith OPB and OPBk re-up - Eric Clapton - Journeyman

ok keep me posted

Brent

makes sense but it can be set to advance with a press and hold ya ? Then the double tap finishes the song ?

Brent

Brent

That is possible, but it introduces more room for error. To do that, you would have the ending section as main loop 2. The “Hold” function is the trigger for a transition. A transitions loops as long as you hold the pedal, and then on release advanced to the next part. But in the Jam Version format, there is no transition. The transition part of the song is left blank. You therefore have to release at the moment you want the post jam section to begin. And then at the end, you would need to add the blank space to the main loop to keep it from restarting. To me, it’s a much less elegant approach.

Ok that makes sense.On another note do you or most people make these sng files (OPB )for the bb from midi files they find online ?
If someone uses a traditional drum machine same thing they just find midi files for it ?