Strange BeatBuddy (BB) whistle midi sounds at times

Need some help here:

Been having a great time working with the latest BB pedal with my single act!

I use many of the drum beats already created! Really appreciate the hard work & time you ALL put in to create them and then share!!

2 of them I downloaded is “Born on the BAYOU” & “knocking on Heavens Door”

However. when I play the songs,they play perfect throughout the tune BUT at times when I play the song again, I hear a whistle midi sound playing along with the rest of the tune???

I can get it to stop by powering down the BB pedal & restart the song!

Has anyone else have this happen?

Why does it happen? Can I edit and fix this?

OR is this a bug that needs to be fixed?

Thank you

Wow, interesting. I’ve never had that happen. Might be a problem. Have you thought of reflashing the firmware? Might help…

Are you using the power adaptor that came with your pedal? If not, see if that makes a difference. You can also try a different SD card to see if that helps. Make sure it’s an SDHC class 10 and no larger than 32Gb.

Yes, card is correct & the power cord is the original.

Maybe I’ll try another card! I do have 280 songs on 3 different folders!

To this point it was only those 2songs. I even re downloaded both with the same issue!

Thank you

Maybe I’ll try another card! I do have 280 songs on 3 different folders!

To this point it was only those 2songs. I even re downloaded both with tge same issue!

Yes! Kinda strange! You’ll never know when it happens. I could try re flashing.

If it’s only those 2 songs, try changing the drum set and see if that makes a difference.

Joe in Ottawa’s suggestion to download, unzip and install a fresh copy of the firmware is a great starting point.

Cool! Thx

I’m going to compare the drum set on both and see what happens.

I’ll do a fresh flash

Excellent

Thank you

I noticed that both drum sets were not apples to apples. ie. Latin and Rock for default. I Don’t know this will make a difference but I changed both from Latin to Rock for both. Worth a try. I’ll flash next.

I aprreciate you guys helping. When I gig out and it happens I have that quick workaround to put it back to normal . But I’ll sample both tunes by testing in different scnarios.

But I’ll reflash before testing.

thanks man!!! LOVE THIS PEDAL!!! HOOKED!!!

1 Like

Just flashed will test out during the week,

Again many thanks!!

Runner

Yes it likely was just related to the Latin drum set having a whistle sound mapped to that specific MIDI note.
Glad you figured it out!

Thx Man!

I had no issues today with testing & seems ok!!!

Thank you and to all who jumped in to help!

Great forum!

2 Likes