So I hooked my Beatbuddy up to my Line 6 Helix (guitar effects) as I just wanted the Tap Tempo of the Helix to control the Tempo of the Beatbuddy. I only have the Midi In connected, and have disabled all the Midi functions except for the Tap Tempo. It works fine and controls the tempo, but sometimes when I press other switches on the Helix, the BeatBuddy will start playing from the Intro, event though I have Start/Stop Midi Disabled. Also will play on its own sometimes when everything is powered up (Helix and BB). It seems like the BeatBuddy is initializing, and that triggers a start. Any thoughts what could be causing this?
I have this same issue. I don’t even think I have midi in on, I just have it set to see midi clock from my helix.
What version of the BB firmware are you using?
I’m on the latest. I only got it a month ago.
Here’s something to try.
- Download and unzip fresh copy BB firmware
- Insert SD card in computer SD slot reader
- Drag or copy and paste firmware files to SD card
- Eject card and with power off on pedal,
- Insert SD card into pedal and power up
- When the update is done, restore the pedal MIDI settings
- Connect MIDI Sync Adaptor and MIDI patch cables to Helix and test
If this doesn’t work and if you have another MIDI-enabled pedal, try to replicated the issues on that pedal.
If you’re still having problems, contact email@example.com
Awesome thanks for the tips, I’ll try it this weekend!
Actually yeah, reloading the software seemed to work! Sorry I forgot to update y’all.