Switching Parts, Fills and 'Timing'

I can’t seem to time my ‘Fills’ correctly. I always want to hit the pedal on the 1beat of the bar and it ends up being thing really long fill.
any tips on setting the unit up to do a short fill?
Also, on another note, on some songs I’ve deleted the fills entirely so i can just concentrate on switching between Part1 and Part2. I wish i could set the pedal up to have the option to switch Parts on a single quick press but even without any fills you still have to hold the switch down briefly.
Any suggestions for easily switching between parts (i.e. super easy intro song for beginners).
Thanks, rock on!

There’s a setting on the pedal that sets when a fill starts relative to the current bar. Can’t remember what it’s called and I’m not near my BB, but I know it’s there, because I set mine to Immediately. Play with the settings, see what works for you.

I have loaded the fill measure with a measure of the beat for the next part of the song. I find that if I don’t hit the pedal quite right the transition to the next part is not overly obvious and in fact usually works out okay.

It’s the Cue Fill settings.

1 Like