Sync setting query

Hi @BrennanSingularSound

I recently put up a feature request about getting the Aeros to autoplay after x measures of recording.

You said this wasn’t available yet and someone suggested sync loops might work to do this, and you said it wouldn’t as you’d still have to punch out, but just found this on another post you were commenting on:

"Are you sure you’re not just using the sync settings? If you don’t want the loop to be the same size, turn sync length off. With it on, yes the loops will be forced to follow rules on loop length once playback is initiated. "

Which suggests that turning sync loops on will force it to automatically punch out at a loop length initiated in a previous part,

So can you confirm which of these is true

I’m still on 2.13 so cant test this.

Hi there,

The sync settings designate the length but do not automatically enact the function. Meaning you must give a playback command and then the Aeros will respond accordingly. If the length feature is on, then all recordings after the first one in the part will follow rules.

Here is a description of the Sync Length rule:

This feature sets rules for playback keeping individual track loops of different lengths synced with each other by making each new track loop a ratio of the longest recorded track loop in the song part (“base track”). In quantized mode, all tracks will be forced to be any whole number multiple (x2, x3, x4, etc.) or whole number unit fraction (½, ⅓, ¼, ⅕, etc) of base track. In freeform mode (non-quantized), all tracks will be whole number multiples of base track.

Sync Length & Start: When this feature is on, all loop starts will begin in the same place, this is in addition to the Sync Length rules.

We just went live with new version! Download over WiFi now!

Hi @BrennanSingularSound Ok thanks for the heads up but yeah I’m reluctant to update to 3.0 at the moment (see my next postt)

So the way sync tracks works is if you record a base track of 1 measure it will then automatically start looping an overdub after 1 measure, even if you’re still playing something? Is that right?

Also, I take it this only applies to that part, not other parts. I’d actually like it to apply to other parts (like most other loopers work) as then you’d get an auto cut off of the loop in the 2nd part and not have to punch out.

Hey there,

No, there is never an automatic command issued by the Aeros, in any case. You must always tell the Aeros to do something before it does it.

The sync feature is described above in my last response, there is nothing else to the feature than what I mentioned. It only makes it so that all recordings (aside from overdubs) after the first track in a song part follow the Length rules I dictated above.

Ok got it thanks for clarifying :slight_smile: