Syncing Beat Buddy to my RC-50 - forces RC-50 to quit recording loop

I’ve connected my Beat Buddy to my Boss RC-50 Looper…Beat Buddy is master, RC-50 is slave. This automatically sets my looper into “quantize”…(which may be part of the problem?)

It synches up ok as far as tempo goes…

BUT:

I step on the Beat Buddy. Intro plays…

At the downbeat of the Beat Buddy pattern I step on the record button on my RC-50 and begin playing the guitar recording rhythm for the verse…

At the end of ONE iteration of the Beat Buddy pattern (a measure or two) it apparently sends a signal to my RC-50 that ENDS the loop recording (as if I stepped on the Stop/Playback pedal) and the RC-50 begins playback…

Oops, I wasn’t FINISHED recording the entire verse, was I?

Is this the Beat Buddy’s doing? Is the Beat Buddy transmitting a MIDI Start message at the beginning of each patch?

Has anyone dealt with this problem before? What was the solution if you have…

PS: I really DON’T want to have to run the RC-50 as master – don’t want to deal with tap tempo…

Well. Good news and bad news…

I got it to work by ACTUALLY setting the MIDI Sync to Auto…

Bad news: Everything but the first recording plays back as digital “hash”…unusable…

Looks like the rumors about the RC-50 not playing nice as a MIDI slave are true…

I had both, the RC 50 and the RC 300, playing with Boss DR 880(RCs as Midi Master) was really great, but when I got the BB trying to use RCs as Slaves was a nightmare…
Sold all three units and running BB merged with a Midi Controller as Master for my two Infinitys. That is doing their job !

I had the same problem with the RC-50 years ago. (I tried to sync it with my DR-880 with it as a slave) and I just ended up losing time and probably some hair… When the RC-300 came out, I was so disgusted that I wouldn’t even try it… Lo and Behold, it had some of the same sync issues… I too have bought the Infinity and it sync’s very well with the BeatBuddy as a slave… I have also experimented using Ableton Live Intro on my Macbook pro and it too seems to work well (Not just as a slave but also as a master).

In fact, I used Ableton much like the Beat buddy for quite sometime before the Beatbuddy came out… I wish I could take the best of both worlds and smash them together into one “Super awesome Dynamic Backup Machine”.

Did you get the RC-50 to sync with the DR-880 with the RC-50 as a master? I’m having some issues.

Hopefully you’ll get an answer ‘cuz the post was made six and a half years ago.