Tap tempo pops and sticking transition fill repair PLEASE

Is there a way to fix this?

The tap tempo is always popping out and when the pedal is hit, the transition fill plays over and over again.

I’ve already email support, and said it is an issue with the main switch, and needed to be replaced.

But unfortunately, my unit is already pass the 2 year warranty…

Is there any hint for repairing this? can I just do the repair or change some parts and soldering them…

Appreciate your responses in advance! :smiley:

I would try applying a little DeOxit to the shaft of the main switch to see if that helps. If that doesn’t work, then your next best bet is to repair or replace the pedal. Repair seems to be the most economical but not guaranteed as to whether it will fix it or not.

You can try to either replace the main switch yourself or have a repair shop take care of it. The switch part number is in this post: BeatBuddy (BB) Main Switch Broken - #2 by BrennanSingularSound however, the video for disassembling the pedal no longer seems available. I’ve tracked down the new web address for the video of the disassembly and it’s here: Beat Buddy Drum Pedal Disassembly - YouTube

Please let us know what you do to get it fixed.

1 Like

Thanks @persist !

But I think it’s more on the electronics part…

I watched that video, he didn’t fixed the problem, at the end, singular sound replaced his pedal…

another is, I disconnected the main pedal inside ( i think this will eliminate any short circuits), and used a momentary footswitch as main pedal… It triggers the intro and the main groove plays, but when step for a fill in, it triggers the transitional fill and never stops until I step on it or double tap to stop.

It seems that it triggers the fill in and transition at the same time, but the transition fill is more persistent…

I am searching if there is a workaround this, like some tweak in the electronics part or maybe a midi footswitch can bypass the main pedal switch…

hope there’s a fix to this, I love this pedal…