Tap2Find in BB

^^^

Sounds like a cool concept and I share your frustration about the lack of regular and progressive firmware and software updates for the BeatBuddy.

Is OMB available today? Or not until its projected availability in Sept ‘18?

Looking back on the past couple of years with the BB, it took Singular Sound quite a while to turn their pedal into a viable product. Hopefully OMB can deliver a viable product by the expected date. Ya might want to hang on to your BB until then :wink: or as you suggested, try one of the Digitech products.

If and when v2.0 of the BBM shows up, it will most likely have a TTF feature (wink wink, nod nod).

Does anyone here who uses a Mac know (Persist maybe?) if Logic Express 9 (still on Amazon for about 60) will work as the DAW between EZ Player Pro and BB as related here? Certainly < than Logic Pro X (LPX) - and less RAM and storage needed - for those who don’t need all the capability and since I have ‘2 of 3’ (EZD2 and BB) it might work as a translator ‘host’ between the two by adding EZ Player Pro? Also <half the cost of LPX alone.

I was thinking this might also avoid the need for the Garageband work around for exporting MIDI files I saw mentioned by Persist. I haven’t looked into that also because GB apparently isn’t supported by EZ Player Pro (no ‘MIDI Channel filtering’).

The short answer is, “it depends” on which Mac OS and computer you’re using. Although it it will probably work with a Mac Intel computer and Sierra, it appears that Apple may no longer be actively supporting Logic Express 9. Some Mac users believe it’s a great bargain though so if you can return it, it might be worth a trial.

For roughly the same price though , you can buy Reaper—it’s trial ware which means you can try it and if it works for you, you will have a full-fledge DAW that is actively supported for High Sierra and Intel platforms. The LPX interface and ease of use has grown on me. Reaper still has a kludgy PC interface and while it works very well, it’s really a forced taste (“Junior, finish your peas or you don’t get any dessert”) :rolleyes: If I can cough up an older version of Logic Express, I might be able to give it a try and see if it works on my hardware and software.

Thanks as always…and quick too! I’m angling ultimately to LPX but the cost of a mini mac (as previously discussed with sufficient RAM and storage) is a bit of a reach so to do some learning and MIDI-related useful band work in the meantime it seemed feasible armed with only my mid-2011 MACBOOK Air with 4 GB RAM and an Intel Core i5 running Sierra (waiting on the bug fixes on both sides for High Sierra).

^^^
Thought I had an older version of Logic Express (LE9) but cannot find it—must have deleted it.

Based on the Apple Discussions forum, a user reports it works: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7681420?start=0&tstart=0 (Finder>Preferences>Sidebar and uncheck iCloud Drive item); others had problems.

Thank you! I ran into issues with BB by unwittingly allowing everything to go to iCloud in the folders. Adding “.nosync” to my project folder saved things. Might be a (simple) similar issue here.

One man band looks awesome I’m very tempted to support the project, it’s difficult without actually hearing the unit in person 40% discount is good but I’m cautious with new technology and I’m sure it will be improved so difficult descision.