The latest firmware version 1.77 - beta

I got my beat buddy downloaded and working. Named all my songs ,blue suede shoes, don’t let the green grass fool, etc., you get my drift. When I went project to the card, only two songs were named out of 40 songs, the rest were numbers with BBS at the end. Plus they don’t play, nothing there but numbers.Can someone help me with this problem, please.

Have you named any of your songs or folders with characters that are non-alphanumeric (not letters or numbers, like with an apostrophe)? If so, that may be the issue.

Also, you mentioned that you sent an email to support@mybeatbuddy.com - but are still waiting on a response. Have you sent it from a different email than the one associated with your forum account?

Thanks for the insight

How do we request the 1.77 firmware

Thanks

Paul

How do we request the 1.77 firmware ?

Just send an email to support@mybeatbuddy.com asking for it

Beta is about 1.79 yet, very cool, you can assign CC#113 value to song part (value 1 is song part 1, value 2 is song part2 and so on. Values of non-existent song Parts behave like next Part)

With 1.79 is there also a CC code to start/stop or is that only on the sysex codes

CC 114 = Intro
CC 115 = Outro

Brilliant thanks. 114 looks new since 1.77 so I’ll get a hold of the new version. Thanks for that

Hi,
yesterday i got the newest Firmware 1.8x from the support. Does anybody has a list which setting (special midi commands) i can do now?

Werner

Just messaged you via Conversations

Thank you!

Got 1.81 beta now and it’s fabulous. BB was great back with the last pre-beta firmware but with this and a midi footpedal it really opens up. Stuff that I can now do:
[LIST]
[]Set a footpedal to start on press rather than release (yes I know you can set that on the main footswitch but then you lose the ability to stop by holding that switch when paused)
[
]Tap tempo on one footswitch then tap on start immediately without having to wait for tap tempo to clear. This is a biggie as it lets me start when the rest of the band are going without them having to lock into the visual beat. I just tap along and then drop in.
[]Select which part to transition to. Not quite so necessary but nice when you want to also have a sparse section for say a bridge but without having to transition through it each time
[
]Volume on the accent is nice
[*]The pedal can now be fully up at eye level for those of us without such great eyesight
[/LIST]
Overall it’s great as it is but with the new firmware and a midi footpedal it’s fabulous. For the midi curious but without the new firmware to look at, what I can see now for CC codes are:

108: Volume. Values are 1-100 for % volume
109: Headphone volume. Values 1-100% volume
110: Accent hit. 1-100% volume
111: Pause/unpause. First value >=1 will pause, next will unpause
112: Drum fill. Any value >=1 will pick the next drum fill in sequence
113: Transition. Value 1 transitions to first part, 2 to second etc. 127 goes to next part in sequence
114: Intro. Any value >=1 starts the BB immediatly
115: Outro. Any value>=1 starts the outro if the BB is currently playing
116: Drum set. Value 1=first drum set (standard), 2 = second set (rock), etc
117: Tap Tempo. Not sure of values here

Guys how do I get the Beta Version? Is there a link? Or do they send you via email. Thank you.

Send an email to persist@mac.com.

I would love to get the pedal off the floor. Anybody have a link for a good functional midi pedal?
I am considering Norbert’s hardware hack but if there’s a workaround…:slight_smile:

FWIW I’m using the Keith McMillen Softstep with the Keith McMillen midi expander as it’s what I had already but I’m also using a couple of standard footswitches into the Beatbuddy as well (Boss FS-5U) as I had those and I prefer the physical footswitches to the soft switches on the Softstep. So I use the one physical switch for tap tempo and pause, the other for accent hit and then the Softstep and midi for Intro, Outro, section 1,2 & 3 of songs and then the top row to move back and forward through the song list. However I’m still playing with it so that will change

If I had the cash I’d probably go with something with nicer switches like the Yamaha MMF10 (edit:should say MFC10) or Roland FC-300 but I think pretty much any midi footswitch would work.

Hi Persist,
Thank you for your reply, they’ve sent me the 1.60, is that the latest mac version?

Wow, thanks for that information! I had no idea this kind of gear even existed:confused:

Opened a Conversation with you.