The waiting is the hardest part

I ordered a Beatbuddy from Musicians Friend back in March - it looked like it would be shipped mid-April. That was fine, I can wait. Then in early April, I noticed the shipping date pushed back to May 5th. Not a problem, I can wait a bit longer. Then I start getting backorder emails from MF so I check again and it looks like May 11th. Well… I guess I can wait a bit longer. Today I check and it’s scheduled to ship out May 14th. Okay, now I’m getting a bit peeved. I am yet to be a real user of the Beatbuddy but I just wanted to vent my frustration here on the delays…

Yeah, waiting sucks.
But BeatBuddy is totally worth waiting! :slight_smile:

Musicians “Friend” now says it’s shipping 5/19. o_O They say the vendor (i.e., Singular Sound) has been pushing the ship date back all this time, so it is not MF’s fault. Don’t know whose fault, don’t really care but I want MYBEATBUDDY!

…please. :rolleyes:

I don’t have an intimate knowledge on the matter, but I guess there needs to be a certain value of orders placed and collected up to a certain threshold to make new shipping wave. Factories are much less likely manufacturing your goods piece-by-piece (or its cost skyrocket…). Singular Sound needs to manufacture a lot of BeatBuddies at a time (like 1000, may be 2000) after the assembly line is built on the factory to keep the cost as low as it is now. Making BeatBuddies far ahead of selling time may require a lot of money (but a company is still really small), hence this wait.

I totally know that some would prefer overpaying to get their BeatBuddy ASAP (close to immediately!), yet a compromise was taken to keep the price as affordable for everyone as possible.

More delays: Shipping 5/30/15 as of today. (Edited)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums-percussion/singular-sound-beatbuddy

This month’s shipments to our dealers have experienced certain delays because of some bureaucratic issues (paperwork, labeling, etc.) because we recently switched over to a new backend system to make shipments get delivered faster, as ironic as that sounds. This should be the only major delay that most of our authorized dealers will experience for the foreseeable future.

Keep in mind that if you order directly from us, your order will ship out within 3-4 business days from when you place your order (we have everything in stock and ready to ship. The only delays are with the bulk orders.): www.mybeatbuddy.com/product/beatbuddy/

THANK YOU! I’m cancelling my order with MF (now pushed back to 6/23) and will order direct.

Bwahahaha! I just chatted with an MF rep and he said it’s on the truck ready to ship out. I guess I’ll wait for the email confirmation.

Hawaii… Me to Honolulu area!!! Represent!!!

Don’t hold your breath man… I had the same exact issue with Guitar Center. I ordered one around 3/25 and it said available 4/6. So I thought, “that’s not too bad, I can wait that long.” Well, that date kept bumping back further and further…I think it’s currently up to at least 6/something now. I finally said screw it and cancelled my order with them. Well, the upside to the story is that I ordered it directly from these guys, paid for Priority shipping. I ordered it Monday and got it today! Yes!!!

It’s here! Had it sent to my office. I’ll probably plug it in and play with it just to make sure I get a sound out of it and if the intro, fills and outro taps work. Feeling… :smiley:

dont feel bad it took 2 month from sweetwater to get my foot switch so in the mean while i made my own foot switch and it finally arrived yesterday

Anyone have an idea when AMS will get them? Date was there but now no date. Getting frustrated.

@J_Michael This month’s shipments to our dealers have experienced certain delays because of some bureaucratic issues (paperwork, labeling, etc.) because we recently switched over to a new backend system to make shipments get delivered faster, as ironic as that sounds. This should be the only major delay that most of our authorized dealers will experience for the foreseeable future.

Keep in mind that if you order directly from us, your order will ship out within 3-4 business days from when you place your order (we have everything in stock and ready to ship. The only delays are with the bulk orders.): www.mybeatbuddy.com/product/beatbuddy/