Thick as a Brick

https://soundcloud.com/quartus-2/thick-as-a-brick

Thick as a Brick is the fifth studio album by the British band Jethro Tull[/URL], released in 1972. The album is notable for only including one song, which spans the entire album. Thick as a Brick was deliberately crafted in the style of a concept album, as well as a “bombastic” and “over the top” parody of the then-prevalent vogue for concept albums. The original packaging, designed like a newspaper, claims the album to be a musical adaptation of an epic poem by Gerald Bostock a (fictional) 8-year-old genius, though the lyrics were actually written by the band’s frontman, Ian Anderson. The album was a commercial and critical success and topped the US charts.
Thick as a Brick was considered by some to be Jethro Tull’s first progressive rock offering, coming four years after the release of their [URL=‘https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Was’]first album (1968). The epic album is notable for its many musical themes, time signature changes and tempo shifts
Quartus recorded this abridged cover using Furch guitars and a Beatbuddy drum pedal.

Bravo!!! I saw Tull perform this back n the day. Actually I saw them on Aqualung, Thick as A Brick, and Passion Play ( and probably others but that was the '70’s and things are fuzzy).Well done.

Thanks LeeMo! Ian Anderson is one of the unsung geniuses of the music world, not that he would care as he always did his own thing – not following any commercial rubbish. I managed to see them in the early nineties, but being able to see the original album tours, WOW!

I saw Tull on Dec.8,1972 at Madison Square Garden. They played Aqualung and Thick As A Brick…it was great.

Ian Anderson was trained in ballet, so in the '70’s he would incorporate dance and theatrics into his shows. He would direct the band using his flute as a wand. He would stand on one leg while playing extended solos, then while still on one leg and playing flute bend at his waist and touch the stage then slowly rise back up to vertical. Always an amazing show.
A friend of mine told me that he was in Destin , Florida on vacation walking down the beach, when he stopped to listen to a college aged kid playing guitar to a group of friends. After a few minutes a gray haired man with a beard strolls up and asks if he could play the guitar. Turns out to be Ian Anderson and he played for about half an hour. I have no reason to doubt his word.
Go to 21 minutes in on this youtube video: