Thouroghly confused?

I have a beat buddy pedal and second control pedal running the latest firmware. I have the latest Beat Buddy manager on my MacBook pro. The manager works. I have the BB pedal SD card in my laptop SD card slot. I purchased many drum kits and beats during the new years sale. I downloaded everything i purchased and i think i have moved the drum kits to the drum sets tab in the BB manager. They are listed under the drum sets tab. I have found a few training videos but i get lost following them and become frustrated. One says i need to create a project to load the beats onto the BB manager. This is confusing. I would be helpful if all of the videos were located in one pinned thread. Is there such a thread?

1. I know the BB pedal came loaded with drums and beats. How do i get them into the BB manager so they will not be lost?

2. How do i get the beats or songs onto the BB manager?

3. After i get everything on the BB manager how do i get everything onto the BB SD card?

Once you get it figured out, it will become less confusing. I think we’ve all been where you’re at. The content on your SD card has a project that serves as a placeholder so unless you need a new one, you can just continue to use the project on your card.

Let’s see if we can talk you thru the process:

1. and 2) follow steps 1 through 3 below
  2. step 7 will get your new content on to your SD card
    [LIST=1]
    []If you haven’t done this yet, use the BBM menu Tools to Set Workspace Location (should be to your bbworkspace folder)
    [
    ]plug your SD card into your computer SD slot reader
    []from the BBM > File > Open Project and navigate to your SD card; you should be prompted to save your project to your computer and you should allow it to do so; it will begin to the process of loading the project from the card to your bbworkspace; when done, it will ask if you want to Synchronize your project; approve it
    [
    ]from the BBM > File > Import > Folder for the premium songs you bought or folders that you exported to your desktop
    []from the BBM > File > Import > Drum set for the premium and drum sets you bought and downloaded from the forum
    [
    ]in the BBM click the Drum Sets tab and click the check boxes for any kits that you want the BBM to use; from the BBM > File > Save Project
    [*]from the BBM > File > Synchronize Project (to your SD card
    [/LIST]
    Let us know if this helps you get a little further along. If now, let us know where you’re having problems.

Thanks i will have a look at this tonight.

When i follow your instruction number one i get this window. Did beat Buddy create this folder and where do i find it?[ATTACH=full]8642[/ATTACH]

When installing ( or reinstalling) the BBM for the first time—and depending on the version of the BBM you’re installing—it will create a bbworkspace folder within Documents. It could embed bbworkspace within a folder BeatBuddyManager depending on the version.

From your screen shot, it looks like your folder might be within Documents/bbworkspace/history_ds. If this is the case, you should probably move the bbworkspace (or BeatBuddyManager) folder out out of history_ds to the top level of your Documents folder. For whatever reason, Mac Sierra or High Sierra create a folder named history_ds.

A key takeaway is that you you should never be using the Finder for moving files or folders around in the bbworkspace folder. Once you start doing that, the BBM loses track of what’s where and you will eventually have to delete and then reinstall the BBM.

I have located the history-ds folder. It was in the top tier of the finder documents folder. If i place it in a folder i made named beat buddy will any problems result? Is the history-ds folder the BB-workspace folder? Or is there a separate BB-workspace folder i should look for?

[LIST=1]
[]Sounds like something went wrong.
[
]The history_ds folder seems to be a nuisance folder created whenever the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) is launched in High Sierra (or Sierra); as far as I can tell, it doesn’t serve any purpose. Here’s what I would do to sort this out:
[]In your Documents folder, search for a folder named mybeatbuddy.com; if you cannot find that folder, create a new folder and name it mybeatbuddy.com (for whatever reason, when you deleted the BBM and all of the folders and did a clean install, it may not have created the folders in the right location).
[
]Open mybeatbuddy.com folder and create a new folder and name it BeatBuddy Manager. The path should look similar to the screen shot [ATTACH]8669[/ATTACH]
[]Go to your history_ds folder and drag the contents to the BeatBuddy Manager folder (there should be two folders: default_lib and user_lib); it should look similar to this screen shot [ATTACH]8670[/ATTACH]
[
]Once you’ve done this, go back to steps 1 and 2, above.
[/LIST]
I’ve also started a Conversation with you.

Thanks Persist. I completed everything you asked me to do in this #7 window. I am going back to window #2 and attempt to follow your instructions there.

Persist when follow direction #1 i do not have a workspace folder to set as the workspace folder. I have created a beatbuddy.com folder. It has numerous folders in it. Do i need to create a workspace folder or is one of these folders the workspace folder. [ATTACH=full]8827[/ATTACH]

This is what is inside of the beat buddy manager folder. [ATTACH=full]8829[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8830[/ATTACH] This is what is in the BB pedal SD card [ATTACH=full]8830[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the screen shots and from what I can see, it appears there are several issues that need to be resolved.

Conversation picked up where we last left off.

Thanks for your help today. Very much appreciate you taking the time to help me with the BB.