Thriller OPBk OPKm Halloween - Michael Jackson

Note: used the organ to cover a lot of ground (keys, synth, brass, etc)

Requires:

• v4 & v4m NP Standard Bass Hammond XRL
  • Beta BeatBuddy Manager version ≥1.6b
  • Firmware ≥ v2.0.4
Includes: 2 songs, MIDI source file and Chords & Lyrics

Download Here

I want to work up a looper version of this and just need the drums from the core parts.

Would it be possible to post the .MID of the main verse loop, the Chorus loop, and the outro beat?

Thriller V-C-O.zip (7.6 KB)

1 Like

Thanks so much!

1 Like

This is great - Any way to break it up into the same parts but with the bass/other instruments too? (Possibly add the intro too if it’s not too much trouble…)

I’ll see what I can do.

1 Like

I’ve been working up a looper cover of this where I lay down the bass line and a little guitar. I grabbed the audio from Vincent Price’s monologue to see if it would work as an Accent Hit for the song. Turns out there is a file size limit of about 3.5M for Accent Hits. However, I was able split it up into 5 separate files:

1. Darkness falls across the land…
  2. And whosoever shall be found…
  3. The foulest stench is in the air…
  4. And though you fight to stay alive…
  5. The laugh

I ended up creating 5 parts for the outro, one for each of the “Accent Hits” above.

During the song I build the loop the for the outro and then cycle through the 5 parts hitting the accent footswitch to play the parts of the monologue. Kind of hacky but it works!

Thriller Monologue.zip (10.5 MB)

1 Like

Evening - disregard my request. I spent some time with it today, changed the key and figured out how to make the OPB work for me!
Wonderful version of the song and I can’t wait to play it during Halloween season.

I finished it today and will post an update sometime late this week. Otherwise, no sweat and glad to hear you have it working to your satisfaction.

It’s Halloween time! @persist Were you able to break it into parts? Just curious…

Thanks for the reminder! I have it broken down into parts but I was not satisfied with the way it turned out and played so I placed it on the back burner. Don’t know if I can get to it but I’ll try once I clear the queue of other songs I’m working on.

Thanks for the response! If your willing to share your work in progress, I’d be happy to give it a listen!

I don’t have the wav file (howling) for the intro. Also looking for a better MIDI source file that includes the intro. You still want it in F#m, right?

Any key is just fine with me! I’ve learned how to move things around with your guidance. I can do my own howling too :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks again!

1 Like