transition fill limited to 1 bar?

Hi! it seems to me that whatever you put in the transition fill, it will only play limited to 1 bar? Is this correct?

thanks

Not quite. You can make a transition longer than 1 bar but you have to hold the pedal down for the transition from the start of the transition to the last bar of the transition.

eg. Two bar transition. Press and hold pedal for transition 2 bars before you want to transition and let go in the next bar.
Four bar transition. Press and hold pedal for transition in the 4th bar before you want to transition, Hold for three bars and you can release in the last bar.

You can do it but it is awkward.

thanks for the answer Stu, I had this question as I am using your “master blaster” song and it looks like in the full song part, it has verses longer than the Stevie version, so I am trying to figure out how to reshuffle it :slight_smile:

After each chorus bit I let it play out a loop of the verse before I start singing again. I think in the recorded stevie wonder song the second verse starts straight away. The midi file needs to be edited to remove that part if that is what you were after.

thanks Stu, I am going to work on it :slight_smile:

Does it work the same if the second bar is empty ? I need a break after the transition fill before starting the new loop. It skips the empty bar and the next loop starts too early then. If I had just one kick, for example to keep the tempo during the break, same issue. It is not played
Unfortunately Pause/unpause does not work for that
The problem is that I can’t count the bars on the pedal as I am singing and playing guitar at the same time so it looks very complicated
Thanks

@Philpf
The BB is expecting you to end the transition on the next beat 1 (which corresponds to the first bar of the next part). This is so you can add a crash or other emphasis like a real drummer would. It uses gated notes to keep things tidy. It also looks for that last note and shifts the bar accordingly to line it up with beat 1. If you want a silent bar, you should make a multi-bar transition (3 bars).
bar 1 = your drummer’s transition
bar 2 = break in silence you are looking for
bar 3 = crash only on Beat 1. If you want the it “hidden”, use a kick or snare to match what is in the next part loop instead. Remember that the BB uses “gate” (mute) the same instrument on that beat 1 of the next Part. So if you use a very quiet crash to try hide it, the BB will play that in the transition and mute the cymbals or HiHat on Beat 1 of the next part loop and it will be “missing” from the loop.