Turn OFF tempo

Just taken my brand new Aero Looper out of the box - lovely piece of kit and very user friendly EXCEPT I just cant see how you turn the tempo off. It’s probably obvious but can someone let me know please. I have no interest in drum machine or prerecorded accompaniment, I need to hit the PLAY button and have my loops start immediately. Hilariously, the enforced tempo introduces a huge gap… how do you switch off?

Thanks
Al

Hey there, just to be clear this is doable without an update.

Just set the song to be in Freeform by turning quantization OFF. Then, to make the song behave more like a quantized mode, you can use the Sync Length and Sync Start rules to change how the songs behave.

Here is the definition of sync rules from the manual:

Sync Track Features

• Definition: “Base Track”: The current longest loop in the song part when in quantized mode. In Freeform mode (non-quantized), the base track is the shortest loop in a song part.
  • Sync Length: After 1st track is recorded, all tracks will be forced to be proportional to the length of the base track. In quantized mode, all tracks will be forced to be any whole number multiple (x2, x3, x4, etc.) or whole number unit fraction (½, ⅓, ¼, ⅕, etc) of the base track. For example, if the base track is 12 measures long, other tracks will be forced to be either 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 12, 24, 36, etc. measures long depending on when the end recording/start playback command is given. In freeform, all tracks will be whole number multiples of the base track (no fractions allowed). A new track recording can be started at the beginning of the next measure in quantized mode, or immediately in freeform, so this feature only affects when recording stops and playback begins.
  • Sync Start & Length: In addition to the Sync Length rules above, after 1st track is recorded in a song part, all new recordings will begin at the next start of the longest track loop in the song part.

The Aeros will soon be able to also create a quantized song based on the first recording, much like other loopers that can quantize a song to the first recorded track. The name of this feature is Auto Quantize, but it doesn’t seem like you need this in particular and may do fine using the sync rules in freeform, let me know if this was helpful!

Thanks for the question.

1 Like

Thanks for explaining that - I will experiment and update you. Looks like it may still be useable, just a question of setting it up a bit differently.

Many Thanks

1 Like

My pleasure! Happy crafting!