Turn Off the TV and Play!

Update: This is the latest video with the remixed audio track.

Just a song I’ve been working on during the Covid 19 lockdown. It features a 2000 Gibson Gary Moore signature Les Paul on rhythm and lead and a 2012 Rickenbacker 4003 on bass. Drum track created using the “Ballad 3- 8ths” song at 80 bpm.

credits
released May 1, 2020
Guitar: Joseph R. Ellis
Bass: Joseph R. Ellis
Drums: BeatBuddy

©2020 Solid Body Publishing / ascap

5 Likes

Enjoyed your video, Joe. The Ric sounds especially tasty. Glad you’re still sharing your work.

1 Like

Thanks. I remixed the song this morning to try to remove some of the harshness of the LP lead track. The link pops up in the first card in the video upper right corner. I usually mic the speaker cab, but was just feeling lazy that day. The remix actually contains a bit of the original cellphone audio, too.

1 Like

nice work! I like the video with your different captures of you playing the different instruments.

1 Like

Thanks, Chris. I used to try to find public domain videos and images for my music videos, but it got to be too much of a hassle finding them. Plus, every few months, some copyright trolls would try to convince YouTube they “owned” the public domain video content and they’d file a copyright claim against me. I disputed every one of them (and won), but I got tired of having to do so, so I just started shooting cellphone videos of all my recording sessions, then stitching them together and syncing them with the final audio mix.