When powering down the BeatBuddy 2, should I always use the power button at the top or can I cut the power from a powerstrip? In other words, does the BeatBuddy 2 go through a power down routine when turning it off?
Thanks!
When powering down the BeatBuddy 2, should I always use the power button at the top or can I cut the power from a powerstrip? In other words, does the BeatBuddy 2 go through a power down routine when turning it off?
Thanks!
The power switch on the BeatBuddy is a hard switch that simply cuts the AC power, similar to flipping a switch on a powerstrip.
So doesn’t really matters.
I would disagree that using the power switch on the BB2 is the same as switching off your pedal board from the powerstrip. Depending on what other devices are powered down from the switch on the powerstrip electric spikes can happen and cause other devices to have issues. Current pedal devices use more current then older ones and some solo acts may power the amps or PA up and down using the powerstrip for convenience. As we introduce digital singials into our live environment I would suggest using gradual power up and downds if all your stuff is attached to a single powerstrip.
Skaron, Absolutely correct! I’m using a Aeros with a BB2 and have had power up problems for about a year. Even sequential power up’s fail until I use separately provided wall warts but what a hassle. My power unit on the board is a Zumba R300 and is rated to handle the pedals attached. I am looking to get a power unit that can provide critical reliability when powering up my units.
I’ve wondered about this too. I’d probably use the power button just to be safe, especially if the unit has any kind of shutdown routine.