Tutorial for importing user created song into BBM

Are these songs from the forum Resources and if so, can you provide the name or link to the songs? This way we can try to replicate the behavior you’re seeing.

They are. Dear Mr. Fantasy and Dock of the Bay. They import as All Right Now. It is odd. Everything else works.

I just looked at Dear Mr Fantasy and it displays as Song/Dear Mr Fantasy. Don’t know it that’s the issue so I exported as Dear_Mr_Fantasy. See if this makes a difference when you import.

Regarding the issue I had above, Jay from BeatBuddy called me and we did some trouble shooting. Turns out it was the SD card after all. The one it came with was faulty. It was not letting the computer write onto it, even when it was unlocked. I got a new card and, voila! All good.

Good to hear.

I’ll test it tonight and report. I was also going to try deleting those files and trying again.

That Mr. Fantasy works. I deleted the Dock of the Bay I had and redownloaded and that works too. Not sure why…

Thanks for circling back and glad it’s all better now.

Hi everybody

is it possible to import a whole midi file as a song ?
I want to export some “drummer” tracks from Logic so to be able to play them using BeatBuddy - I am thinking to create a song, then its one and only midi file will be my own - what do you think ? what is the recommended way ?

Thanks

Yes, but… 1) convert the drummer track to a midi region. I believe it’s under the Edit drop down in Logic. Convert>.
2) the resulting midi track will likely have notes outside of the range of your BB Drumkit. Examples - there is a pedal hat that is used in Logic somewhere below midi 36 or C1. Select and move those notes to the regular pedal hat above C1. Some BB kits do not have a 2nd kick drum at 35. Select and move those to 36. 3) anything above 60 C3 needs to be checked to see if that instrument is in the Drumkit you are using in BB. If it is not, you need to decide how to edit the track. Often, you can just delete that note. Sometimes, there will be compatible sound in the kit that you can use.

1. I have a version of the So-Cal kit in Resources. You don’t need to do Any extra editing to use it.

So-Cal kit ?? great !! can you please tell me how to get it ?

Pretty simple to find using the forum search capability. :slightly_smiling_face:

Click on the magnifying glass icon and type So-Cal and you would get https://forum.singularsound.com/search?q=So-Cal&expanded=true

Thanks for posting this. Just what I needed.

1 Like