[Tutorial] How To Get The Library Content Onto The Pedal

Does anyone know where there’s a link to the current user guide for the BeatBuddy Manager? Looking to get library content onto the pedal, but can’t watch videos. Thanks in advance.

https://singularsound.com/downloadable/SingularSound_BeatBuddy-User_Manual.pdf

Some of the video tutorial links appeared to not be working earlier but I just checked and now they are.

Thank you persist, but unless I’m missing something … there doesn’t appear to be any BeatBuddy Manager specifics in the main BeatBuddy manual?

And from within the BeatBuddy Manager, clicking on “Useful Links” → “User Manual” produces a broken link:

http://mybeatbuddy.com/beatbuddy_manuals/BeatBuddy_Manager_Manual.pdf

The link within the BBM is a known issue.

What BBM specifics do you think should be added to the manual to make it more useful?

Does the video tutorial provide what you need? If not, what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Again, it’s possible I’m missing something in the manual, but the section (5) I found in the main manual is entirely a “general feature description” vs. “how to”. I had found what appears to be an old Beat Buddy Manager manual, but was having difficulty with it due to version differences:

https://www.scribd.com/document/299197915/BeatBuddy-Manager-Manual-last-pdf

The above (old) manual is the sort of thing I was looking for. It’s not that the tutorial wasn’t helpful (and perhaps even the best way for most to learn), but the way I go about learning software is by reading the manual —> engage in trial / error ----> re-reference the manual. I find it cumbersome to have to “re-watch” a video just to find a single piece of information that could easily have been looked up within a matter of seconds via text search. I’m also on a satellite internet connection and limited to the amount of data I can download every month without paying surcharges (so I avoid watching video). Definitely not looking to give you a hard time, but isn’t it kind of unheard of for software (in general) to be “orphaned” without accompanying documentation?

I can see DRUMSETS, EFFECTS, PARAMS, SONGS, and the file HASH.BCF on my old SD card but can’t drag the new firmware items into the card. I messed around with this 2 years ago and gave up, just using the presets; I still don’t think beat buddy has a clear format for using their product. Very frustrating

See the last post http://forum.mybeatbuddy.com/index.php?threads/some-basic-questions.7870/page-2#post-34966

I tried to update the firmware to 2.04 today. It went good I thought. I drug the 5 unzipped items to the E drive and it appeared to work. After the update all my beats have disappeared. I can adjust volume, change drumsets, and BPM. Genre and time sig are blank. Now what?

Please check your forum inbox for a private message.

It’s all good now. Thanks brah!

Okay, I’m new to this whole thing. I have the latest firmware and BBM. I downloaded 3 songs to mess around with, and I followed all of the tutorials. They ended up in the blues folder, which is fine. When I have the SD card plugged directly in the computer I see the songs just fine. But when I put the card back into the pedal the songs don’t show up. What am I missing? Do I not have the proper drum kits? The songs I downloaded off the forums are Howlin for you, like a hurricane, and walk. Thanks.

Are they not showing up on the pedal, or no longer displayed in the BBM?

If not showing up on the pedal, from the BBM,
[LIST]
[]File > Save Project
[
]File > Export > Project to SD Card
[]accept prompt to synchronize to SD card
[
]Eject SD card
[*]power off to your pedal, insert card; power up
[/LIST]

When you import a song (File > Import > Song) make sure before you select that menu option that you have selected the desired folder for that particular song to go in. The Blues folder was selected prior to you importing the song, which is why it ended up there.

Whenever you make edits to your project in the BBManager, it only changes the project in the BBManager on your computer only - you do not even need your SD card inserted to do this.

After you make all the changes you want, you can then put them on your SD card either by synchronizing or exporting the project to the SD card as persist outlined above.

I’ve been out of town all week. I think I forgot the export to card step, I’ll try it tonight. Thanks.

Reading the forum, I see most of you are way ahead of me in the tech stuff for BB. I have been trying to find a forum or a video (that would be great) that covers how to download the great forum songs. There’s a video on PBF file downloads, but the user forum files don’t have PBF files, just MID and SNG. And there are so many files in a folder, including lyrics and chords! And what about the MACOSX folders? I know I’m missing a lot of info, and I’m not wanting anyone to answer everything for me, just send me off in the right direction.
Thanks…

Psalm40 created a lot of tutorial content. I think, but I’m not sure it’s still available from http://forum.mybeatbuddy.com/index.php?members/psalm40.87/