[Tutorial] How To Get The Library Content Onto The Pedal

Hey everyone! :slight_smile:

While we are constantly updating the general video tutorials for the BBManager here, we decided it will be a great idea to make a special stickied post containing the tutorial for importing library content.

If you have any comments, suggestions, feedback regarding the following tutorial - please let us know in the form of responses in this thread.

Onto the tutorial!

NOTE: I mention at 2:25 that an unzipping utility may be needed to open the zipped files. In Mac computer, this may not be necessary as many of them natively just treat compressed folders as regular folders. If you have a Windows computer and do not have an unzipping utility, here’s a nice little tutorial I wrote on how to get one.

I love the pedal will never play alone again. How do you import a forum members song on to the sd card again? I tried saving it to BB but am not having any luck. I am missing a step or two. Also one of the songs i tried to use says the the file is too big ?

File > Import > Song and the SNG file will import into the folder you are currently in.

Hello. I have downloaded the sd card back up but when I put it in the pedal I only get genre time sig on the screen. Ta

Try reinstalling the firmware. Recommend 1.8.5 if you have not installed that version yet.

Make sure you are putting the unzipped folders contents on the SD card: DRUMSETS, EFFECTS, PARAMS, SONGS, and the file HASH.BCF - If it does not work, try doing that on a different SD card.

Just purchased and downloaded the new Eagles songs as well as the Ludwig drum set. Sounds great… fills etc in the Eagles for parts between chorus/verse etc. Is this something I build in the BB software and then export to the pedal? Yikes, I hope not. Play/practice time is tight enough. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you like the songs the way they are on the BeatBuddy Manager, no need to do anything other than

• from BBM menu, File > Save Project;
  • if you have previously Synchronized your BBM Project to your pedal, just Synchronize Project to SD Card;
  • if you have not previously Synchronized your BBM Project to your pedal, File > Export > Project to SD Card and then Sync when prompted.

I got it. Came back to this after taking review your post persist, and taking a break. I wasn’t holding the pedal long enough for the fills to respond. Thanks for the quick reply. :slight_smile:

Good deal!

For some reason I am having trouble getting to the sng files to import a song. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. This is with a MAC

Jim, which versions of the Mac OS and BBM are you using?

OK Beat Buddy 1.5.0.1 and OS X 10.11.6

I’ve had occasional problems like yours. When this happens, I quit and reopen the BBM and it usually almost always works–I realize it’s a PITA, though. Other times I’ve tried relaunching the Finder (leaving the BBM open) but that’s hit-and-miss.

I can not figure out how to get to the page where I can import sng. files. I have redone this 10 times today. When I export, it goes to the wrong page and when I try to import I do not get the sng. files with the little beat buddy logo or meme

I think I understand. To make it easy on myself, I export to the desktop. If I’m importing an sng file, I also put it on my desktop so I don’t have to navigate to my Downloads folder.

I too am having the same issues, is there anyway you guys can make a video showing how to create the backup SD Card process, Thank you

Most of the video tutorials are available from https://library.mybeatbuddy.com/software-download/

If that doesn’t work, please try the user guide. If that still doesn’t work, you can try circling back here and provide more specific feedback as to what you’ve tried so far and what’s not working . . . .

You just have to drag DRUMSETS, EFFECTS, PARAMS, SONGS, and the file HASH.BCF directly onto the SD card, in the first window you see when you look at your SD card’s drive. For example, your SD card’s drive could be ‘E:’/‘F:’/‘G:’/etc on Windows (or usually called NO NAME by default on Mac if you didn’t manually rename it), the moment you click on the drive a window pops up, and that’s the window you drag the content into. If you are doing a complete reset or backup to an SD card, make sure you delete everything first.

Let us know if you still face any issues.

I’ve seen and can not be understand, too much